The 'Running in the family' red status 2000

Last updated on 11 years ago
T
Turbo327
Posted 11 years ago
Hi,
This is my maiden post, I hope it's not too stupid a question.
In about 1988, I played a red Status in the Bass Centre which was up for sale. It was Mark King's and he no longer wanted it, as he had a new blue one, of which there is a shot on the 'Fait acompli' video. I always assumed that the red status was the same one that Mark is holding on the inner sleeve of 'Running in the family'? Did he use the bass on any of the tracks on that album? Does anyone on here know what happened to it? In the end, I bought a Kubicki Factor, but I did eventually see the light and buy a Status Eclipse 5. I wish I still had it!
I would be really interested in any information anyone might have.
Thanks very much!
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the FPPR Series 2000! (FPPR stands for Fucking Postman Pat Red).

Well, I also played that bass after Mark no longer wanted it. It was a stunner. I was looking for one of them for years after that. I believe Rob only made a couple of original versions (one was a 'blank' for Mark to use on TV).

A few years ago one showed up. A newly refurbished original one. I spoke to my good friend (and on/off lover) André and we went halves on it.

So it's in my collection and belongs to me and André (I own the body, the neck, the electronics, the hardware, the pickups and the fretboard... André owns the strap locks)!

Here she is...

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/A61K5253.jpg

and at home with some other Status girls

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/photo_zps5694c2ad.jpg
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
I have an original Levi poster I must have pulled off a wall at one of the Wembley gigs, in it he has that bass. He also used one in the Funkmaster string adverts, I assume it was the same one or the 'blank' moo speaks of.
T
Turbo327
Posted 11 years ago
Thanks Moo and Danny. It was the first Status that I ever played. The strings were very dead and I wasn't overly struck on it. Boy, do I regret that now. Back in the day, I had a straight choice, buy a Status, or a Kubicki Factor. I bought a Factor. Lovely thing, part exchanged against a MK Fender Jazz, number 35 of 42, which I've just sold. I never really liked it much. That's why I want a 3000 now. I'm bassless for the first time in 32 years. Thanks again.
I wish I had bigger fingers.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
The blank was the older 'small top string retainer' version. Then I think there were 3 others. 2 that Mark used and one other.

That's as good as Rob remembers really!

The one I have might or might not have been used by Mark. It's definitely been in his sweaty little hands though...

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/sa.jpg
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
T
TOMAS
Posted 11 years ago
Moo where can I get those Wall hangers you use for a headless bass ? thanks Tom
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
Alas the top ones were made by my friend here in London. They took quite a while and certainly aren't commercially viable!

The bottom two were made by Volney (Me4Bass) and are lovingly crafted from wood. Again these took him quite a few months (although I really don't think he was putting his back into it).

So I'm afraid we still don't have a solution to the wall hanger thing!!
andreandre
Admin
Posted 11 years ago

Danny wrote:
I have an original Levi poster I must have pulled off a wall at one of the Wembley gigs, in it he has that bass. He also used one in the Funkmaster string adverts, I assume it was the same one or the 'blank' moo speaks of.

You mean these?

www.statii.com/status_cats/adverts/mk_superwound/mk_Status2.jpg

www.statii.com/status_cats/adverts/levis_status_1987/images/l42_levis_advert_2.jpgwww.statii.com/status_cats/adverts/levis_status_1987/images/l42_levis_advert_3.jpg
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator