Greetings!

Last updated on 18 years ago
R
Roger L
Posted 18 years ago
Hi I've lurked for awhile and finally I registered!

Had to get some pictures of my main bass the last ten years first!
I'm posting that in "show off" section ;)...

Anyways, I'm playing my Energy in sweden, Denmark and Norway, something I've been doing the last 12 years or so. I've played most styles there is, not the "Dance" stuff here in Scandinavia though. My Energy was my first real instrument. And I have yet found something thats better. Exept maybe an eclipse artist with graphite neck I tried in '98....B)
That was a totally different sound than my wooden neck/ash body Energy.

Nice to be able to speak with others that share a devotion to this great brand of instruments!
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Hi Roger welcome to Statii, B)
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Welcome, *goes to look at the bass*
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
basscatbasscat
Posted 18 years ago
Hi
I'm an even more recently registered Swede B).
Got my first Status this Monday, a Stealth 2 4-string. Great instrument, quickly becoming a favourite. My other basses are a fretted and a fretless Stingray 5, a Sadowsky 5 and Fender Jazz Bass from -71. The Status is definitely different. I got it pretty cheap from a friend without ever having a played a Status before. It's certainly much more versatile than I thought. Great buy :-).
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Welcome Roger L and basscat.

Let's see some pictures then!
RoffaRoffa
Posted 18 years ago
Tjenare grabbar och välkommen. Eller hva det heter på svensk.
Hvor i Norge spiller du, Roger?

Sorry guys, just a greeting in svorsk, obs scandinavian ;)

Basscat, how much did you pay for the Stealth? Is there any good shops for bassgear in Sweden around Göteborg / Uddevalla?

//Ralf
RoffaBass

Status StealthII, Status SII (FL), Status S2000, Status Shark 5, Washburn S1000
Edited by Roffa on 23-09-2006 11:00, 18 years ago
R
Roger L
Posted 18 years ago
Hi there, status, basscat and Roffa!
I played in Sandefjord last time at a private party, It's a bit all over the place and not as often as I would like since I have alot of friends in the Oslo/Vestfold region :(

Good shops in gothenburg? If you like status? There aren't any with them in the shops, most of them just got the usual suspects...
The ones we love to hate, the ol' standby and wanking guitarists fav. brand. :D
take some wild guesses! ;) :D

There's a shop here in gothenburg that I like, mostly for it's coffe, friendly&helpful crew and the fact that they carry Elite strings... They do have alot to do with the basscentre in London (the manager is from London) so they can hook you up with allmost anything.
basscatbasscat
Posted 18 years ago
Hi there
I paid €800 (7500 SEK) for my -99 Stealth headed fourstring. Given it's great condition I think it's a bargain :-). I really like the sound of the Stealth and although I have limited experience with Status basses my impression is that it sounds a little different from the "classic" Status sound. Is that true?
Edited by basscat on 24-09-2006 08:23, 18 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
That is certainly a bargain. Lovely looking bass. I prefer the headed versions, they just look and feel better to me. If you choose to sell it I'll give you E800 for it! ;)
R
Roger L
Posted 18 years ago
:o 7500SEK?!?!?! Who was that schmuck? :o :D
Good for you :)
basscatbasscat
Posted 18 years ago
The guy who sold it was in desperate need to downgrade to a Stingray fourstring and needed the money to get a good deal on one of those. As you said Roger, lucky me:D.

I don't think I'll sell it though. It's a great addition to my arsenal. The Stealth and and my Sadowsky 5 are the ones I use most of the time now.
www.stefanolsson.net
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator