Status Nut

Last updated on 12 years ago
S
Sen8
Posted 12 years ago
Hi everyone,

I have an Eclipse, i removed my nut to adjust the neck and i saw that the strings rests only on the zero fret, and that my nut is right angled for each string (the strings don't even touch the nut), is that normal? (pic attached)
Status Eclipse 5 S/N:125055 Sunburst Black
Pod Xt Live
Hartke Hydrive 210C
You do not have access to view attachments
Fat RichFat Rich
Posted 12 years ago
The earlier basses had a zero fret and a string guide like your one does, the newer ones have a more normal plastic nut and no zero fret.

I prefer the sound and feel of a zero fret, it's pretty much identical to a fretted note. The only problem is that over time the zero fret will wear on headed basses as the string is dragged over it every time you tune up. Headless basses don't have this problem as the string is pulled the other way.
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 12 years ago
Yeh What?

Oh! you meant the nut On a Status.

Aren't we all Statii nuts? :P
S
Sen8
Posted 12 years ago
So, the nut is only purposed as a guide? Strings shouldn't rest on the nut?

And for sure we're all Statii nuts ^^ or Nuts of Status ^^
Status Eclipse 5 S/N:125055 Sunburst Black
Pod Xt Live
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Fat RichFat Rich
Posted 12 years ago
Some of us are just nuts.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
I would never be so bold as to post photos of my nuts on forum!!!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago

Angry-Canuck wrote:
I would never be so bold as to post photos of my nuts on forum!!!

hmmmmmmm maybe not THIS forum!!

:|
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator