feedback

Last updated on 18 years ago
G
gafbass02
Posted 18 years ago
hey all long time no post!, i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on why my s1 classic deluxe feeds back so much?, esp if i use a little bit of overdrive, it does it when other basses plugged in identcally dont?, there is a crack accross the up housing, could that be a likely cause?, only i cant afford to replace the pups for ages, and if its not that then spending mucho cashola on new pups would bea HUUUUUGE deal! (ultra skint!)
Any thoughts?
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
There are 2 Status pups on fleabay.co.uk. Sitting at £5 at the minute.
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I'm not the biggest techno but could it be an earthing issue?
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Earthing would cause hum from earthing loops rather than feedback.
Though you have competition in the form of yours truely if you want those pups :)
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
G
gafbass02
Posted 18 years ago
no use to me as my status is a six string, but thanks for the thoughts!
chuckamok63chuckamok63
Posted 18 years ago
Sparing the thought that you might have some of the single coil Status p/u's,(I can't remember off the top of my head which years had them) here's a few thoughts.
The Status circuits are among the loudest bass pre-amps I know of, (spare my G&L 1500...ridiculous!) When you set your amp for the other basses and then plug in the Status, it's like cranking the gain on your amp, and depending on the eq settings, you'll get feedback.
Either modify the amp gain or your eq, or turn the output down on the Status, and you shouldn't have this problem. Your proximity to the amp should also be under consideration, if the speaker is tall, or elevated and pointed directly at the bass, this might be a problem.
As an afterthought and if you're a real nut for pedals, you might consider adding some kind of expander or gate to the signal line right in front of your amp. This will cut the signal and the line noise and eliminate the feedback problem. You'll have to adjust your technique a little to get used to the attack and release of the gate, but man it's worth it (ask me, I've been using Ampeg V4B's driving hard, noise-o-rama!).
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator