Rare breed!

Last updated on 12 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Usually when you have the opportunity to meet an icon you walk away feeling just a little disappointed or empty somehow about the experience. I was very lucky to meet up with Ed Poole the other day (Patrick joined as well)...and I must say it was very refreshing to see that his success and talent have not twisted his character or ego in any way, shape or form. Absolutely humble guy with a great sense of humour.
So, I have to give this man some shameless promotion because he deserves it AND I want to! His music is really great stuff and you can feel good knowing you are supporting a normal guy who really deserves it!

[movie=youtube]Uhk1D06-J-g[/movie]

Of course I have to post his pic as well.....

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/A61K6701.jpg
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 12 years ago
Thank goodness that you didn't just sit on Moo's couch for the whole month of March, tipping back sherry and beers.

So glad you had a great trip Todd.
T
travelingbassman
Posted 12 years ago
Ed Poole has to to be 1 of the finest UK bass players out there on this planet and probly several others aswell (planets that is !).
His tunes are dedicated to "in the pocket" GROOVE and holy shit this guy can SERIOUSLY GROOVE.
And an absolute gent,he even insisted i eat half his lunch.:)
If you love bass you will definatly love Eds music.()()()

What Todd said()
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Ed is a super cool guy, so is his guitarist Woody!
I used to chat with Ed a lot and discovered him early myspace days.

Anyway Todd, I am happy you hooked up finally and disappointed I missed you on this trip, I have been stupid busy myself. Take care dude...next time.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
The guy is a legend!

His music and obviously his bass playing is magnificent AND to be able to put up with Todd for 4 hours... The man has strength!

:|
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
andreandre
Admin
Posted 12 years ago
Cooool!
So, does Ed like port?
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago

andre wrote:
Cooool!
So, does Ed like port?

I thinks so, he said his car runs like a top on it!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator