'ello 'ello 'ello...

Last updated on 12 years ago
JonnyMJonnyM
Posted 12 years ago
'evening All,

Jonny from Greenwich here. Not a Status owner yet, but might well be soon... Been playing bass for years and at the moment am playing in avant-garde cabaret band (?!);), Temper Temper. Was confirmed a couple of days ago that we'll be up in Edinburgh in August for the Festival, doing some 16 gigs...hooray!

I've been looking for an unusual-looking 5-string for a while, something that'll also fit a new solo noise project. Along with that, I've recently started making experimental music with an musician who's background is Indian classical. So micro-tones galore then... Nearly bought a Ritter, have recently investigated Steinbergers, specifically fretless 5s, but the regular necks are ridiculously narrow (basically a 4-string converted to a 5) and the "wide-necks" are extremely rare & expensive. Kind of stumbled on the Streamline and looks like it fits the bill - does anyone on here have a fretless Streamline, 'cos I have questions!
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Hi Jonny someone dose have a fretless streamline , but i can't remember who right now, Your welcome to try my 4 string fretted as your in london.
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
I think that is Andy Long?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago

Angry-Canuck wrote:
I think that is Andy Long?

I think Todd's correct, Andy is in Wales!
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Andy won the xmas raffle bass, i think it was a fretted 5.
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
sgh42sgh42
Posted 12 years ago
Welcome Jonny !
*Basses*
GB Rumour (2010) . . . . : . . . . :

*Amplification*
Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 Head
Vanderkley 212MNT Cab

I am the greatest bass player in my house apart from my fish.
JonnyMJonnyM
Posted 12 years ago
Thanks for the replies everyone! Wouldn't mind trying one to find out what the feel & tone are like. And to see how the pickups work with an eBow :D

I've PM'd the guy in BassBus's link. He's in Japan, so a bit far to go check his out, but even Wales is a fair way from London... G-77: might have to take you up on your offer, as i imagine there's not a huge difference between a 4 & a 5-er... Can't help wondering what the low B is like though...
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
You should definitely get together with G-77 (Trev) as I've heard the past 3 years of therapy have pretty much sorted out his anger issues and (apparently) he hasn't killed anyone in months!!

Well done Trev!

:|
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Phantom NINPhantom NIN
Posted 12 years ago
I'm in Chelmsford and have a 4 and a 5 fretted you can try.

BUT my 5 is 16.5mm and not nealry as wide as the normal 5er

Cheers

Drew
Drew, owner of:

Status Streamline 4 32"/16.5mm
Status Streamline 5 32"/16.5mm

TC Electronics Rebelhead 450
RS 2x10
RS 1x12
JonnyMJonnyM
Posted 12 years ago
Thanks for the offer Drew, I'd quite like to try the 16.5mm variant out of curiousity but it's probably too narrow for me: I have a fretted 5 bass with 19mm spacing, so the standard 18mm on the Streamline should be fine.

And it's good to hear that this forum takes in all sorts! ()
JonnyMJonnyM
Posted 12 years ago
Does anyone know if Happy Jack still has his Streamline? I might well drop him a PM...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator