Combos

Last updated on 17 years ago
D
Doc B
Posted 18 years ago
The Eden Nemesis range are a good bet - I recently got a NC410 combo - 4x10 + tweeter and the full 320 watts / 104db into the internal speakers. Weighs about 30 kg and has removeable castors and goes in the back of a small hatchback with half the split rear seat down. I paid £540 for mine brand new and it's VERY LOUD - louder than a Marshall half stack on 11! The first time I rehearsed with it I thought I got tinnitus.

They also come in 2x12, 1x15 and even 8x10 versions!
GothGoth
Posted 17 years ago
If you want light and hi-end stuff: Acoustic Image heads are SUPER. Ultra-light and they're not very expensive if bought used.
For cabs... well, it depends from how much volume you need. A 1x12" or 1x10".
Acoustic Image makes a 3 way speaker that goes down to 30htz. It sounds awesome but it has only 90db. If you need more you better go on Epifani UL110 (I own one) that has 99db, or Aguilar GS112. Light stuff that sounds like huge stacks. ;)
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
dB at what range? It's a tenth of the log of the ratio of two relative powers - and isn't linear, so the difference between the 90 and 99 will be very noticible..
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 17 years ago
In effect 3 dB is double to what you hear output wise
Essex..... Home of the Bass!!!!

UK Award Winning Wedding/Function Band:www.5catfish.com

HOT SAUCE Disco/Funk/Rare Groove covers band:www.HotSauceDisco.com

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/JayCramphorneavt.jpg
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
*Thinks*

Yes, exactly...:D
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
GothGoth
Posted 17 years ago
Well, sensitivity is usually reported in the specs... and that's what I reported, sorry if I wasn't really detailed... :)

http://www.acousticimg.com

I've owned a Clarus S1 and the first series of the contra cabinet. It's AWESOME stuff. You can use it with all instruments (even voice) and they are really transparent sounding with an effective eq. and a really nice DI.

I prefer it on Markbass. Markbass makes nice heads but I've always found their cabs to be highly overrated. Their tweeters don't work well at all and their declared watts aren't for real. I've owned their old STD104, their Club121Z and have tried most of models.
I really like the LittleMark II but I think that AI is simply better.

About cabs: I've got my Epifani UL110 in a trade. Very nice cab, maybe the wrong choice if you have an extended range bass with a Low F# but works very good with 4 stringers. The AI, even if has only 90db works flawlessly with lowest notes. I hope this helps.
T
Thunder_fingers
Posted 17 years ago
Hughes & Kettner Quantum amps does the job exelent. and they are realy light weight to, i have the 1x10 combo, it wheighs about 18kg, gives out 250 watt, and is loud. they are closing out the line now. they sound pretty nice.

maby the 1x15 combo at 400watt is your thing? im not sure, but it might end up exactly around the 25 kg mark.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator