Hello there!

Last updated on 13 years ago
R
RaNoFuNkY
Posted 13 years ago
Hi All,

I've just posted a wanted ad, and I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm primarily a funk bass player based down in Devon, but our live music is a broad church which certainly incorporates Blues, Rock and Soul.

I currently play with an Exeter-based funk/rock outfit called "The Walk Hards" (www.walkhards.co.uk). Don't ask me about the name - bass players are yet to get the vote!

I have previously played with the hiphop/indie group "Hangman Charlie" and the Blues/Rock outfit "Brock and the Badgers".

I have an inappropriately large collection of basses accruing in my house but, despite the sling and arrows of outrageous financial misfortune so often experienced by funk musicians, I find myself wanting 2 of everything.

Keen for all-bass related chat, and anything else really!

I frequent basschat under the same name, so you can catch me there.

Cheers!
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

RaNoFuNkY wrote:

I have an inappropriately large collection of basses accruing in my house but, despite the sling and arrows of outrageous financial misfortune so often experienced by funk musicians, I find myself wanting 2 of everything.

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of chat about basses here and there is nothing inappropriate about a large collection of basses.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

RaNoFuNkY wrote:
Hi All,

I've just posted a wanted ad, and I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm primarily a funk bass player based down in Devon, but our live music is a broad church which certainly incorporates Blues, Rock and Soul.

I currently play with an Exeter-based funk/rock outfit called "The Walk Hards" (www.walkhards.co.uk). Don't ask me about the name - bass players are yet to get the vote!

I have previously played with the hiphop/indie group "Hangman Charlie" and the Blues/Rock outfit "Brock and the Badgers".

Keen for all-bass related chat, and anything else really!

I frequent basschat under the same name, so you can catch me there.

Cheers!

Welcome!

We like 'big collections'!

Can we see some details and pictures please!

Feel free to leave out anything with the word 'Fender' on it :D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 13 years ago
Wot's wrong with Fenders?????
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:
Wot's wrong with Fenders?????

Don't make it so easy....
taz154btaz154b
Posted 13 years ago
:( I agree, first bass was dreadull f****r precision that had a neck that put me on a quest to find stability and great action first dual truss rods(rick) then alternate materials, aluminum,( kramer#1) then another rick , then kramer #2 and now the ultimate carbon graphite, my b2 ()()() The "f" word eeeeek!:o
80 kramer dmz5000- present
2010 status B2 -present
Ashdown abm500 evo III
Ashdown APM 1000 power amp
ADA MB1
Line6 Basspodxt with shortboard
(2) hartke 410 hydrives
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator