Ok Lets keep this simple

Last updated on 13 years ago

Poll: P Bass Pick ups

Yes (Status) [6/8]75 %
    No(SD) [2/8]25 %
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Ok, should I get some Status P Bass pick ups to go with my Graphited P Bass or get Seymour Duncans vote yes for Status or no for SD's. I am looking for a fatter and broader sound is the simple reason, the current ones I have now decided are shit.:D
pmarazitipmaraziti
Posted 13 years ago
I think the Status would go more along with the vibe I have in mind...but I'm not sure if it' what you havein your mind as well.... :|

Status KingBass Paramatrix
Fat RichFat Rich
Posted 13 years ago
A lot of people on Basschat rave about wizard pickups....

http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/shop.asp?category=Bass

Just to confuse the issue!
Happy JackHappy Jack
Posted 13 years ago
Insufficient data.

Sorry if you've covered this in another thread somewhere, Danny, but what is this - a Status P bass or another P bass with a Status neck?

I was very happy with the Status pickup in my Vintage PJ and it worked brilliantly with the punch from the graphite neck. I 've asked Rob to install a Status P-bass pickup (disguised as a soapbar) in my Streamline.

But in my Bravewood ( http://tinypic.com/a/20gg7/3 ) the SD 1/4lb pickup is just spot-on, and in my Crinson ( http://tinypic.com/a/2jxip/3 ) the Bulldog pickup is equally right-sounding.
I look pretty young but I'm just back-dated (yeh!).

i43.tinypic.com/2qujdc6.jpg
D
dreambass
Posted 13 years ago
Personally, I think the sound is in your fingers and brain. Palm muting, attack, release, etc.... to me, (all fingers and soul) are the most powerful insight. I've spent 40 years (OK, I'm just slow) trying to get it right. I'm not there yet but I truly hope that I never get it "right"! Your musical soul, whomever you are, isn't mine..... but it is as powerful as what came before you and I, if YOU paid attention! That's the beauty of what we do. It's absolutely endless and we carry it on. Please dream BIG!! Ken, the "old guy", in NY.
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Thanks Rich, I had heard of them and they do clearly look competitive to the Status ones. In fact I don't know what the output is on the Status ones, I best drop Rob an email? They also offer Free P&P where as Status ends up at £12 for the pleasure, in these tough times it plays a factor unfortunately. Ken, your right, it is very much in the fingers. I really like the vintage sound in the current ones but there is just no 'meat' there so I must explore this avenue. Jack...another P bass with a Status neck.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Ok it's done! Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders! Dead easy fit, 2 wires and boy are they fat. Well pleased, got them for £40 delivered. I plan to gig the bass on Sunday in London, feel free to come along, free entry, 3pm at Spitafields, the Luxe basement bar.
RetroronRetroron
Posted 13 years ago
£40 ??? You can get a quarter pounder at Mcdonalds for £1.99, and that includes cheese!! :D
R
ricstave
Posted 13 years ago

Retroron wrote:
£40 ??? You can get a quarter pounder at Mcdonalds for £1.99, and that includes cheese!! :D

...clogged arteries are also comped....
A Stealth 6 for a Streamline 5? Hmmmm.....

Here are some of my bands...
www.initiationmusic.com
www.myspace.com/thediscoduckband
www.myspace.com/ledzeptributecoda
Back To The Bars {on Facebook}
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot edit the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot vote on the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator