2010 status B2 -present
Ashdown abm500 evo III
Ashdown APM 1000 power amp
ADA MB1
Line6 Basspodxt with shortboard
(2) hartke 410 hydrives
Sonic GrooveSonic Groove
Posted 13 years ago
18" compact???!!! (Does nee compute captain...)

Not sure you will find 4ohm as they are usually paralleled with another cab.
taz154btaz154b
Posted 13 years ago
the acoustic 301s I mentioned were 4 ohm,I recall a sunn cabinet that was front loaded with a long vent at the bottom, and also there was a Trace 18 cabinet. I would be happy with a cabinets I could reload or if someone knows a decent builder, anyone?
80 kramer dmz5000- present
2010 status B2 -present
Ashdown abm500 evo III
ADA MB1
(2) hartke 410 hydrives
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
I once used long throw cabs with 18's in them, huuuge sound but let's be realistic them days are gone, A. 'cause I now have a glass back and B. Tech has moved on, I know the old argument of if you 'aint moving air you get no bass but c'mon a 15" compact neodymium does it enough surley? I know Ashdown did an 18 Entwhistle long throw but don't know if they still do. Reverse throw speakers move air very efficiently and the cab doesn't have to be that big. There are loads of designs on the web..choose one and ask a local joiner to make you one, load the speaker yourself!
taz154btaz154b
Posted 13 years ago
Hartke 1800s would have been perfect,the cabinets that Enwistle used were 15" folds A.S.S cabinets, they don't make em anymore and I havent had any luck finidng plans either. I could make my own cabinets. have done it for years including some very nice studio monitors. However time age and laziness has cerpt in, I suppose its time to make some sawdust
80 kramer dmz5000- present
2010 status B2 -present
Ashdown abm500 evo III
ADA MB1
(2) hartke 410 hydrives
D
dreambass
Posted 13 years ago
In the '70's, good God I'm old(!), I used a pair of 8 ohm Cerwin-Vega 118's with a vintage all tube MusicMan 65 Series amp (first year production that I bought new in '74. I still own that amp, it's irreplaceable!). The pairing did EVERYTHING that I required in 1979 and still would work now. I need to add that a pair on my Euphonic Audio VL-208's sounds 100X better than the 118's. I'm NOT a "techno-geek", never was, but time marches on. Unless you want to add 4,000 watts to undermine the foundations of where you're playing, today's cabs excel. Just my 2 cents/shillings. Ken/NY
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
D
dreambass
Posted 13 years ago
Sorry, forgot. As a last resort, if you can't stave off the 1X18" "Jone's"..... try Don Oatman @ Lowdownsound.com He REALLY KNOWS about what he builds and will give you honest and straight advice. Then, he'll build what you desire for a reasonable price. I've never heard an unacceptable cabinet that he's built. Ken/NY
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator