Looking for EQ schematic

Last updated on 13 years ago
jerrycatanescujerrycatanescu
Posted 13 years ago
I know this is probably hopeless, but would anyone happen to have the schematic for the current 3-band EQ Status uses? Board 303, I think. I design my own EQs, but I'm very curious about other people's design choices, i.e. the corner frequencies that were selected, type of op amp used etc, and I like modifying stuff. I've already modded the TB42EQ that came on my Series 2, just days after I bought it.

Note that I'm looking for the electronic schematic (component level), not the wiring diagram.

I don't think Rob would be willing to help, even though there's nothing secret or patentable about any EQ. All topologies have been out in the open for decades. Also, his circuits are not epoxy potted, so anyone could just trace the schematic from the circuit board.

I could trade you some other EQ schematics, including some interesting designs that I came up with.
Status Series 2 5, Modulus Quantum 5
Posted 13 years ago
Here's the TB-42 EQ schematic, for reference and your tinkering pleasure. If you need to reduce the gain, stick a 500k to 1 Meg resistor across the volume pot.

The schematic looks a bit funky because I made it in a circuit simulator, not a schematic drawing program. The signal generator in series with a 10k resistor at the input simulates the pickups.

Rob won't like me for this, but it's just a Baxandall tone stack that was first published some time in the early 20th century.
You do not have access to view attachments
Posted 13 years ago
If you want to build your own 2-band bass EQ from scratch (as opposed to tweaking the TB42), I recommend the following design instead. It sounds similar to the TB-42 and has the same low current draw, yet it achieves better headroom from a single 9V battery. It has absolutely no need for 18V power. Also, it uses readily available 100k linear pots for the tone control. I recommend using a linear pot for the volume control as well. It has finer control over those last few dBs below full level compared to audio taper.
You do not have access to view attachments
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator