Greetings from New England!!

Last updated on 18 years ago
BassSteveBassSteve
Posted 18 years ago
Great site Andre.. from concept to launch in what... two weeks?!? Fantastic!!

Anyway, I have been playing bass for 32 years now, digging all styles, but leaning towards funky jazz (for my head) and playing classic rock (for a few bucks). I just purchased a mid 90's Empathy headed 5, and don't think I've put it down since (it does get in the way while typing);).

I've played them all over the years, owning several old Fenders, Ricks, Dan-Os, Dan-As, you name it, and my first "boutique" bass was an early Lakland 55-94 I purchased new a while back. Prior to that, I had played an early Steiny exclusively, and although I appreciated the workmanship, playability, and big fat sound of my Lakland, I missed the stability and sustain of my Steiny. The Status seemed the logical choice, and it has more than met my expectations!! I bought mine without ever having played one, and like so many others, was knocked out by every aspect of this amazing bass!
Thanks for the opportunity to get to know more about these great basses, and the exceptional guys who play them. Cheers!! :D
Edited by BassSteve on 18-02-2006 03:13, 18 years ago
BassSteveBassSteve
Posted 18 years ago
Edited by BassSteve on 18-02-2006 03:06, 18 years ago
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Hello BassSteve and welcome to the Status forum! It's really nice to see players from all over the world and I must say I am really happy we got this off the ground and I can tell you that we will be sharing a lot of info on Status as the days goes by.

Also very pleased to see that these wonderful instruments do get to the other side of the ocean; my personal collection also includes a Series 2000 made for a US artist in a US band many years ago :o

Feel free to visit often it's really nice to have you here!
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Hooray, another Empathy player. They're great aren't they. I love mine as well. So flexible tone wise, built superbly and being lovely to look at is a bonus.

Welcome to Statii, visit often and join in the fun. :D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator