Newbie with a question

Last updated on 13 years ago
farmer01farmer01
Posted 13 years ago
Hi there everybody,

I joined yesterday as i bought my first status.

The guy I bought it from says it is an Empathy Serial number 1151.
However, I can't find the serial number on the bass and all the empathy basses i saw on pictures have a different contols on them.

It is a headed neck-through 4 string bass with three controls. One of the controls (nearest to the jack plug) is in fact a combined control with bast cut/boost and treble cut/boost.

Questions :
Does anyone know where i should find the serial number on this Bass.
Can anyone confirm that this is an Empathy an maybe give me an idea when it was built.

By the way. This bass is a dream come true form me. It plays great and looks as good as new apart form the faded status sign on the pickups.
There might be (even) better basses, but for now i am one happy bassplayer......
You do not have access to view attachments
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
looks like one in this brochure
statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/4/page1.jpg
statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/4/page5.jpg
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
farmer01farmer01
Posted 13 years ago
Sure does. Thanks a lot. Also found the serial number. It is on the bridge.

And i f i look at the folder then the lower bass is the empathy ande the red one is a series 1.
Guess i bought a late 80's series 1 then and not an Empathy.
Edited by farmer01 on 18-11-2010 11:10, 13 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
welcome to the forum BTW, on the newer models it a sticker between the 2 strab buttons. and older headless basses had the number stamped in the string retainer at the top of the neck.

I love the red tint on the neck , some more pic would be cool

Trev
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
K
kidcharlemagne
Posted 13 years ago
Hi there and welcome!

I'd say you've got a Series 1 Matrix there - I have one pretty much identical, apart from the fact that mine doesn't have the red tint.

Very nice bass - congrats!
farmer01farmer01
Posted 13 years ago
Some more pictures. Already ordered new strings. Then it will sound even better.....

lh3.ggpht.com/_jd2YM8p4DpI/TOaZL8dtRoI/AAAAAAAAABA/_7baWXQB7Jc/s720/100_3344.JPG

lh5.ggpht.com/_jd2YM8p4DpI/TOaZSnIcTtI/AAAAAAAAABo/oim1qsoa3T4/s720/100_3353.JPG

lh3.ggpht.com/_jd2YM8p4DpI/TOaZNVL32wI/AAAAAAAAABM/DZXDLPDIDOs/s912/100_3345.JPG

lh3.ggpht.com/_jd2YM8p4DpI/TOaZQ3CVmOI/AAAAAAAAABg/L10DpQVVaJo/s912/100_3350.JPG

lh3.ggpht.com/_jd2YM8p4DpI/TOaZRs8yqkI/AAAAAAAAABk/8wEUw6eXLnQ/s912/100_3352.JPG
Edited by farmer01 on 19-11-2010 09:32, 13 years ago
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 13 years ago
Wow, that's a nice Status, enjoy getting to know her.
ospreyosprey
Posted 13 years ago
Like you, I guess, I wanted a Status bass, saw what looked like a nice one at a reasonable price, and took a punt. Yours like mine was a big success, though my bass is a bit untidier I think. My little Energy has retired the others from serious playing and extended the range of tones I can use as well as just feeling nicer to play. If I have some really spare money some time I might get a glossy new S2, but more likely is that I now have all the bass I shall ever need. Enjoy your instrument! The word "Status" is faded on my pickups like on yours, but it leads to conversations about what I'm playing which let me brag about graphite.
farmer01farmer01
Posted 13 years ago
I just had loads of luck buying this one. I was bidding on an old S2 (i believe), but the fretboard turned out to be damaged. Luckily i got outbidded. Then this one appeared in Marktplaats (A dutch trading site). The seller had vague pictures on there and i took a shot. Turned out in the end i could buy it for € 450. including a hard-case. When i went to his house to pick it up i was very suprised of the good state the base was in. Very few scratches on the back ( not even visible on the photo) and a little chip off the head . For the rest it only had to be cleaned and needed new string (on their way from Status-Graphite).

I still have a big smile on my face every time I pick it up to play.. :D
Edited by farmer01 on 20-11-2010 07:44, 13 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
It looks great, I take it the back of the neck is red too? When buying 2nd hand as long as the damage isn't bad I think all the bumps and chips give it a story through its life. If you were really bothered, Status do refurbs.
farmer01farmer01
Posted 13 years ago

Danny wrote:
It looks great, I take it the back of the neck is red too? When buying 2nd hand as long as the damage isn't bad I think all the bumps and chips give it a story through its life. If you were really bothered, Status do refurbs.

Yes the neck has also a red tint. Similar to the head. And it is too good a shape to have it refurbished. It is a really small chip off the head and i can live wit a few scratches on the back.
Fat RichFat Rich
Posted 13 years ago
Congratulations, that's a very nice Series 1.

Looks like some crazy intonation going on with the D string but otherwise it looks really good, bet it sounds fantastic.
farmer01farmer01
Posted 13 years ago

Fat Rich wrote:
Congratulations, that's a very nice Series 1.

Looks like some crazy intonation going on with the D string but otherwise it looks really good, bet it sounds fantastic.

Thanks Fat Rich.

I did not take time to adjust it, probably will be out of tone in the higher positions. Will check it in the next few days,,,,
Edited by farmer01 on 21-11-2010 08:11, 13 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator