Lets have a poll then...

Last updated on 18 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
As there has been a lot of talk about the Status Buzzards, is the Buzzard you cup of Tea?
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Well I would have one if i had the money & could find one to buy.:D
M
MrWalker
Posted 18 years ago
I'm sure the Buzzard is a very good bass, but it's not my cup of tea. I'm more of a "traditionalist". I can consider semi-hollow or headless basses, but basses like these are just to rock'n'roll for me. :)
BuzzardBuzzard
Posted 18 years ago
One for the GAS list
wwittmanwwittman
Posted 18 years ago
I love the sound and feel, but the looks put me off... too much like wearing a Beatle-wig.

I've said before that what I'd REALLY like is an all graphite, or at least neck-through Buzzard 2.
something that sounds, weighs, feels, plays like a Buzzard 1 but without the "hey, I look like John Entwistle" vibe.
rogertvrrogertvr
Posted 18 years ago
They're obviously my cup of tea as I've got two of them!
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Certainly an interesting instrument, but not my cup of tea really.
N
nivek
Posted 18 years ago
No offense for the happy buz-owners, but I would personnaly feel ridiculous with these kind of basses. I'm sure they play and sound great though !:)
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
I wish I could find one. I was too late.....
I went for the Alembic Spyders and Dragon Wing and I missed the chance to get a Buzz I.
Rog, donĀ“t want to sell yours?
As said before, I wish I would get one, but really a hard problem nowadays....

Oliver (Spyderman)
W
Whitey42
Posted 18 years ago
I am not lucky enough to have a buzz either but I always wondered about the balance, 26 fret neck and that elongated headstock... does it sit well?
I have always loved headless basses myself, started with a Washburn bantam (steinberger copy) and then got a Hohner Jack (could you tell I was a Status wannabee!!!) but then the day came when I got my Empathy 5 and the rest is history...
rogertvrrogertvr
Posted 18 years ago
Oliver:-
Sorry mate, neither of mine are for sale at any price!

Whitey:-
The simple answer about the Buzzard balance is that...well - they don't. If you take your hands completely off it, the headstock makes a rapid dive for the floor. The 8-string is worse with all of the metal at the headstock end.

However...if you rest your right arm on the top of the bass along the top part (can't remember its proper technical name), the weight of your arm balances it up. Once you wear the bass in the correct position for you, it balances nicely and it's actually like not having a bass over your shoulder at all as it only weighs about 3.5Kg.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I would have one if money were no object as I am not sure the collection I would have then would be complete without one, also I think they look great. :D

There are however a few others on the wish list that I would need to get first.

Mind you money remains an object so at the moment the GAS list is on hold.:(
UliUli
Posted 18 years ago
I am really interested in the B-2 :o

Does anyone have experience with the balance of the B-2? Due to the longer upper horn it seems to stable in position ... but if not - there is no extended body for elbow rest and therefore position correction !?!
Always one string ahead ...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.