Bass FX

Last updated on 17 years ago
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
Excellent point dear Nivek. ;)
D
Doc B
Posted 18 years ago
I have a Warwick Gigboard with a Sansamp Bass Driver DI, Boss Bass Synth (SYB 5 I think), Boss OC 2 Octave and a Boss Chorus (guitar model). I used to have the Sansamp on all the time but my new garphite necked Groove seems to be overloading it's input unless I turn the active circuit off on the bass. The Groove seems to have enough warmth and growl of its own so the Sansamp stays off for now.

The Boss bass synth is great and has replaced my old DOD FX 25 envelope filter as it can cover that sound too. I've not had the OC2 long but I hope to use it on a few things once I get my sound sorted out on my new bass and amp. The Boss guitar chorus has a gritty, reverby sound that I've never found with bass chorus pedals (most seem too 'wobbly'). I aim for a Peter Hook style sound with it and it works very well.
M
mulletsrokk
Posted 18 years ago
I use a Boss ME-50B, pretty good for basic effects. I mostly go direct though. I think if your going for a bass synth sound, just buy a decent analogue synth like a Novation bass station. Bass synth effect tracking always leaves somthing to be desired in my experience....
J
Jamacuco
Posted 18 years ago
Currently building my pedalboard and experimenting with different setups. The ones that get use are:
-EHX Bassballs
-Tech 21 Sansamp Programmable Bass Driver DI

And the ones not getting that much love nowadays:
-AKAI UniBass
-Digitech Bass Synth/Wha
MikeVMikeV
Posted 17 years ago
Current set up (this is also my effects chain):

- Boss OC-2
- Dunlop 105Q Bass wah
- Marshall Guv'nor (original). Might be selling it sometime soon...
- Rocktron Hypnotic Flanger
- Boss PN-2
- Ibanez Digital Delay

Probably going to add an EHX Micro synth, polychorus, and possibly a sovtek muff. I'm thinking about selling the Guv'nor to fund the Prescription Electronics Depth Charge as I'm looking for more of a fuzz tone then a distortion.
G
gafbass02
Posted 17 years ago
Im using a samson wireless into a boss tu-2 (soon to be strobostomp) a boss compressor, an 80s boss ce2 chorus, a boss bf3 flanger, a zoom 506mk1 (one of the 1st in the country), a hartke vxl bass attack, a another boss compressor, a boss noise suppressor, and soon a boss Vwah as i sold one and now miss it!
into a trace AH400sma with two 4x10 cabs and a 4x5 brite box, all connected with monster cables
N
nickleg
Posted 17 years ago
i am currently using a throback EQ boost pedal, a blackbox xray bass overdrive pedal and a boss OC3 octave pedal..

the throback and the blackbox are boutique pedals i got from a great shop in denmark street in london that sells lots of boutique pedals and rare stuff.. its awesome!

the blackbox xray bass is the best bass overdrive ive used
D
dubalbal
Posted 17 years ago
Hi Friends ,

regarding bass effects , i'm using :

tc-electronic : g-system : designed for guitar , but these are sudio effects and work so ggggggoooooooooooooodddddddd for bass !

ebs octaver

ebs valve drive

ebs wah-one

that's it and all work really fine for me !

Thank's

NN BASS
4-string4-string
Posted 17 years ago
My only pedal is an Ashdown Sub-Octaver. It sounds good, is built like a tank, and looks cool. :)
Vigier Arpege I
Status Energy
T-bass
Godin Acoustibass fretless
Fender Fretless Jazz

Eden WT-600 "Roadrunner"
Ashdown MAG 410T
Eden 118XL

4-strings only Wink
MikeVMikeV
Posted 17 years ago

MikeV wrote:
Current set up (this is also my effects chain):

- Boss OC-2
- Dunlop 105Q Bass wah
- Marshall Guv'nor (original). Might be selling it sometime soon...
- Rocktron Hypnotic Flanger
- Boss PN-2
- Ibanez Digital Delay

Probably going to add an EHX Micro synth, polychorus, and possibly a sovtek muff. I'm thinking about selling the Guv'nor to fund the Prescription Electronics Depth Charge as I'm looking for more of a fuzz tone then a distortion.

Ok, I have made a few changes. Current setup and effects chain:

- Boss OC-2
- Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah
- A/B, A&B looper pedal
Loop A => Moog Low Pass Filter
Loop B => empty
- EBS Multidrive
- Rocktron Hypnotic Flange
- Boss PN-2 Pan/Tremolo
- Ibanez Digital Delay.

Plans have now changed to get a true-by pass strip and throw a bunch of effects under the second level of my pedalboard and trigger them on and off with just the strip. Info on the strip here:

http://www.pedalboards.com/
I
indofunk
Posted 17 years ago

G-77 wrote:
Did some one mention Bass synth...
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/g77.jpg
My Trusty Roland G-77 :o

I used to have this one, I loved it!!! Later than that, the Peavey Midibase, loved that one too. Currently, I am trying out the Roland GK midi pickup with GI-20 interface. The pickup is bulky, and tracking is still an issue.

For syn bass sound, I recommend Line 6 Filter Pro, ~$300 on ebay. Has excellent bass synth and Qtron sounds. The new Lexicon MX 200 is cheap (~$200) and does a decent job on reverb and chorus. For best reverb, delay... try Eventide Eclipse ($2-3K).

I am trying out different compressors and so far liked the Art TCS (rack) and Carl Martin (pedal). One of my pre is BBE BMAx, it got great opt compressor and BBE built-in.

Check out T40 song like Lakeside's Fantastic Voyage, 2 bass lines played by both kb and string bass. Once a while, we may find the kboardist useful.
Edited by indofunk on 15-12-2006 19:50, 17 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator