Mark King cable strap

Last updated on 14 years ago
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
Hello Friends ,

I was wondering what kind of straps he uses for his bass cable...i usually put mine inside my main strap but he uses another smaller one that seems useful and tightened at the lower button strap...any idea of what it is precisely and where eventually i could find one ?

Thank's

Alain
You do not have access to view attachments
ospreyosprey
Posted 14 years ago
Looks like a smart use of the Status lower strap-button. It looks as if there's a straplock there, and a short piece of material (leather?) which the cable runs through. I doubt if they are on the market since all the other bass builders only fit one button, but it would be easy to make one: perhaps the cable should run through two or three slits in the leather to allow it to be pushed through but give enough friction to keep the weight off the socket in the bass.
ospreyosprey
Posted 14 years ago
OK: 10 minutes later. Made one. It works! Mark 2 cheepo: a piece of leather about 20 cm long, doubled over and glued, with a slot for the strap button at one end and a tunnel at the other for the cable to go through. A straplock and some stitching would be smarter, but hey...
ospreyosprey
Posted 14 years ago
20 cm is too much: hangs down untidily. Half that is enough to hold the cable near the button. You just need the slot for the button and the tunnel for the cable.
Edited by osprey on 11-02-2010 22:50, 14 years ago
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Osprey ,

Great job ! I'll try this today and if it works well , post pictures .

I've never seen this sort of cable strap in stores ... might be existing though but where ??? ...that's the question ! :-)

Alain
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator