dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
Hello Friends ,

My new streamline is now ordered and here's the specs :

Streamline 4 strings

16,5 string spacing

White front and side led's

Women chrome facing

2 soapbars with coil-taps to be able to switch from humbuckers to single coil pick-ups

...and now hesitating to add chrome Pick-ups like the Retroglide model

It's my first post on the statii forum ! ...please accept my apologies if my english is not perfect , i'm belgian !

Thank you friends !

Alain

ps : do i really need to say i really felt in love with the Status sound ???
You do not have access to view attachments
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
...and another one of my MK-2 ...so sweet and punchy sound !!!
You do not have access to view attachments
AndyLongAndyLong
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Alain - congratulations, you will love the Streamline
www.myspace.com/sleepingplanet
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Andy ,

Thank's to excellent advices ;-) , i finally placed my order for astreamline and i almost quite certain i'll go for chrome pick-ups as well...the long wait begins !

Alain
AndyLongAndyLong
Posted 14 years ago
Cool - I'm sure you made a typo in your original post, because 'women chrome facing' sounds too good to be true
:D
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
ah ah ah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! incredible !!!!!!!! ...women crome facing !!!! loooooolllllllllllllllllllll
JonasOfBorgJonasOfBorg
Posted 14 years ago
From a fellow countryman: welcome to the Statii family!
Please have your camera ready when your newcomer finally arrives as everyone here will want pictures, and lots of them!
For sale: Red Status S5000
For sale: White Westone Spectrum V5 (now fretless)
andreandre
Admin
Posted 14 years ago
Bienvenue to the forum Alain !
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Alain and welcome to the forum.

I like your enthusiasm about Status ! Looking forward to see pics of this, once more, unique Streamline.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
You finally made it here Alain!

Nice choices on your Streamline order, chrome pickups should look pretty cool. ()
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Umm, i'm getting them, cheers for the idea Todd, you've a good eye for what looks good!;)
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
Thank you friends for your welcome !

Regarding the streamline , i really do think it's a unique instrument , i've never played a " small body " bass , it will be a total change ! :)

Rob told me chrome pick-ups have never placed on a streamline and would need special " extra-work " on the bass to fit them into ! ...this is great and ...cruel cos the long wait will effectively be very very very long ...:o :D :D

Alain
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Congrats, Alain - Good to hear there's going to be another Streamline owner. They really are catching on, aren't they?

I've just used mine in a show for a week & the led's certainly helped in the blackouts, but with the confined space up on the rise at the back of the stage the compactness of the bass & the light weight really helped as well.

I did the band call on my swamp ash bodied Music Man & my back complained about it for about two days afterwards!

Rich.
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
AndyLongAndyLong
Posted 14 years ago
They are an ideal bass if you've got a confined space and a long set to play. I love my S2 but I played a two hour show last summer and halfway through the first night I was struggling to stand up! For the second night I took a stool. The Streamline is a much more forgiving weight.
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
Hello Rich and Andy ,

I understand so well the " weight " of some instruments we play . I own an Alembic series 2 ( http://www.alembic.com/info/fc_NN.html ) which i'm really delighted of regarding the sound , playability , look...i played it at a gig friday and yesterday , i played my Status MK-2...both basses are great in terms of sound but if i had to pick one to play one year , i'd pick the Status : great and deep sound , versatile eq , and...Lightweight !!! ...and for an old man like me ( 42 :P) , weight is clearly an issue ! I play +/- 70 gigs a year and i do that after my job time , so once more , weight becomes clearly an issue with time and gigs...so u'll understand i really look forward my new streamline ! :D()

Alain
AndyLongAndyLong
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Alain

42? You're just a boy! ;). (I'm approaching 46 and I'm told I look terrible for my age!:o.
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
Hello Friends ,

I just got my tracking number for my streamline !!! I'll sure have it for wednesday or friday !!!...first time i order a bass without seeing it even an inch of it...i'll post pics of the streamline as soon as i have it , as requested by TSA ...for example :D

Alain

enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Enjoy the wait :)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
D
dubalonbass
Posted 14 years ago
...i waited more than a year for my Alembic and having pics...first time without anything but so good !

Alain
andreandre
Admin
Posted 14 years ago
Hey Alain, you must be soooo excited !:o
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator