Continuation of recent direction [3/22]14 %
    Remakes of old songs [1/22]5 %
    Unplugged versions of old songs [1/22]5 %
    Completely instrumental [2/22]9 %
    40 minutes of triplets [3/22]14 %
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Here's a peak at the drummer who will stand in for Gary Husband this year.

[movie=youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUSpkGf9MEA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUSpkGf9MEA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/movie]
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Good find Todd. He definitely looks to be in the highly energetic and powerhouse vein of Gary Husband.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

youngjr1 wrote:
He definitely looks to be in the highly energetic and powerhouse vein of Gary Husband.

I have to agree, he seems to have his own style and a cool haircut :D
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
I always said it, with less hair, the brain breathes better and you become brilliant ( multiple meaning included )

I'm working on it, just a few more years :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 14 years ago

youngjr1 wrote:
Good find Todd. He definitely looks to be in the highly energetic and powerhouse vein of Gary Husband.

This guy was on Blue Peter when he was 13. some sort of drum
competition (also on You tube) Blew the others into the reeds.

Gary Husband was on Junior showtime when he was a carpet muncher and went on to play with the Syd Lawrence orchestra then Level 42.

Mark king must have a load of kids programmes on video he watches when in need of a new drummer.
i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/blunderthumbs/IMG_0785.jpg
D
Don Prince
Posted 14 years ago
Hey all,

I have been very busy with my studies at the Berklee School of Music. Then I saw this thread, read through it & I decided to share my thoughts on it...

Being a composer myself & reading music magazines featuring musicians we all have come to admire... I think the best thing for Mark King, is to go forward in his musical exploration. Most, if not all artist wants to grow & do something new... In other words, what has been done has been done, its there for you to enjoy...

I do not know why Retroglide is criticized so much, because it's a great album with great tunes & amazing playing from all involved...

There is one important aspect Mark King should always deliver. A high quality recording, perfectly mixed & mastered... Except for Retroglide, Level 42 always delivered beautifully produced recordings... Come on Mark, you must have enough funds to take care of that aspect of things...

Well, those are my thoughts on the subject, I love everything Mark King has put forward & looking ahead is what music is all about... As a composer's point of view, growing/exploring new idea's, not repeating the same old stuff, is the way to go.

Don.
There is enough music for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.

Robert Fripp.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
This is a quote from somebody who seemed pretty confident about what we should expect;
".............two new albums coming out this year. One an acoustic album singing all the hits with mark on acoustic guitar and another one of new material. Also standing in the light is going to be released as a deluxe album "
D
Don Prince
Posted 14 years ago

Todd wrote:
This is a quote from somebody who seemed pretty confident about what we should expect;
".............two new albums coming out this year. One an acoustic album singing all the hits with mark on acoustic guitar and another one of new material. Also standing in the light is going to be released as a deluxe album "

That is good news Todd, I can't wait to hear the new material.

Don.
There is enough music for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.

Robert Fripp.
Mark BassMark Bass
Posted 14 years ago
If you want to hear what the new Level 42 albums could have sounded like, listen to the Phil Gould solo album Watertight, and the Gould, Brown and Black album Terraforming, it's obvious Phil had a large writing input into the early Level 42 stuff. I like Retroglide, but Phil's stuff is more in keeping with the classic Level 42 sound. It features Yolanda Charles on bass too, always a good thing!

As a fellow drummer as well as bass player, I think Pete Ray Biggin is an excellent stand in, kinda surprised Mark didn't ring me though.......:o
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
I would have to disagree with that,Terraforming is a great album, but surely stands on its own without traces of L42.
You can hear the L42 influence on Watertight, but unfortunately that album just didn't do it for me.
Edited by Angry-Canuck on 07-03-2010 06:57, 14 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
I have to say. Terraforming was a truly superb album. A serious 10/10 for me in that genre (and I listen to a great deal in that genre)!

I don't see a single trace of Level 42 within that album.

Watertight was maybe a 2/10. Very lame and disappointing.

And please don't forget... I'm always right!!!

;)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Mark BassMark Bass
Posted 14 years ago
Oh well, that shot my opinion down in flames!:(
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

Mark Bass wrote:
Oh well, that shot my opinion down in flames!:(

Absolutely not... Opinions are important!!! Otherwise life would be shit!

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Mark BassMark Bass
Posted 14 years ago
All I was saying was you can hear a lot of the early Level 42 chord progressions and signature hooks in the Phil Gould stuff, he was obviously involved in writing the early stuff:)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot edit the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot vote on the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator