Poll Discussion: Strings...

Last updated on 16 years ago
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
On reflection - maybe the hex-core roundwound hotwires dont have that great a lifespan... I put new ones on both my Statii just to see how long it was before they stopped sounding like they'd had a change.
Fretted, for slapping - maybe 2 weeks
Fretless - 3 weeks or so

Maybe I'm just being picky but I only really like the sound from a brand new set. Long are the days of my ESP where i bought the bassiest strings i could find and didnt take the bass anywhere until they were completly lifeless!
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
MikeVMikeV
Posted 18 years ago
DR. I've used High-Beams for quite awhile and decided to try the Low-Riders and actually prefer the Low-Riders over the High-Beams. I may try SIT strings next, the exposed core ones.
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
If you try the SIT strings MikeV, let us know what you think. I haven't tried a set of those in many years.
MikeVMikeV
Posted 18 years ago

RobJ wrote:
If you try the SIT strings MikeV, let us know what you think. I haven't tried a set of those in many years.

Will do. It'll be some time since these Low-Riders are still fresh but I'll remember to post my thoughts when I make the switch. B)
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 18 years ago
Guys.... anyone suggest a fretless set for me.... just bought an e-bay special..... 5 string fretless Jazz/MM type bass...... I usually play 35-120 on a 5 but can't seem to find anyone who manufactures a set at this guage in either flatwound or preferably Ground/Half wound???

any ideas

MrP
RichRich
Posted 18 years ago
40-130 Warwick Reds for me. A lot of people don't like them... well I do, and they're cheaper than a very cheap thing. :D
I'm not some sort of drug-taking alcoholic git.
I'm just a git.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
I've been using HotWire halfwounds on my Spectorcore fretless for nearly a year now. When I put them on they just brought the bass alive. They are now maturing very nicely and sound almost like a brass instrument in a mix. Mmmm!:)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator