Fretless?

Last updated on 18 years ago
Z
zakkibassi
Posted 18 years ago
Hiya, i was wondering if anyone owns the Electro-3 fretless bass, and would be willing to tell me a bit about it. I've got a status energy bass, and am thinking of buying an electro-3, but judging by the pic of it from the side view, it seems kind of thick. What I liked a lot about my Energy bass is how thin the body is. Well, anyway, any feedback is well appreciated.
My rig: Status Energy Bass - Ampeg BA500
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I dont own one, but I believe the electro bodies are 2x the thickness of most Status bodies (in the 80-85mm range, I think)
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
N
nivek
Posted 18 years ago
What I understand on the Electro-3 page on the status website is that the standard electro-3 body is 42mm thick, only the Jonas Helborg custom model is 80mm thick.
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Appologies :D
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
rologicarologica
Posted 18 years ago
I own an Energy and an Electro-3. The body of the Electro is thicker than the Energy, but this is because it is semi-hollow. It's not that much heavier. It sounds, like most Statii, very energenic (no pun intended), but has more wool in the sound. This is due to the hollow body but also because of the piezo in the bridge. If I just use the regular pickup it sounds very much like a regular Status -with a little added warmth.

My Electro is fretted, I don't know how much it's sound differs from a fretless version.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator