Aqua blue S2 Classic headless 5 string

Last updated on 15 years ago
R
Rastelli
Posted 15 years ago
Yup, just sent in the deposit for one of these. I'm going to copy this bass as a headless and as light as possible wood wise.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm...86/Status/

I first played a Status in 1985 and I'm finally getting one... at least one :)

I should have it in May. Waiting is so difficult...
Edited by Darren Goldsmith on 24-02-2009 02:05, 15 years ago
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
Congratulations! Good choice. Look forward to seeing the pics when you take delivery.

Welcome to the forum.

Best regards,

Dave R.
Stand and Deliver!
Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 15 years ago
I've made that link clickable.

There are a number of options for controlling the way a post looks. At the bottom of each post/reply window you'll see something similar to this:

www.angeldigital.com/status/post_controls.gif

This option, circled in pink, allows you to make a URL clickable.

Cheers,

Darren
Status Series II - #397
Jonas Hellborg Signature
King Bass Prototype #1
King Bass Prototype #2
King Bass MkII Prototype #002 (The Stuttgart Bass)
Edited by Darren Goldsmith on 24-02-2009 05:49, 15 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
That is really nice, I saw one on Ebay last year, the very same, it was in Canada and ended up selling for £700:@ Missed that one!

The waiting is beyond hard but it will be worth it, beleive me I know.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Rastelli
I first played a Status in 1987. It took me 21 years before I bought one but it was worth every minute of the wait. You certainly won't be disapointed and the choices you have made look great. Look forward to pics, which are obligatory!:)
R
Rastelli
Posted 15 years ago

Danny wrote:
That is really nice, I saw one on Ebay last year, the very same, it was in Canada and ended up selling for £700:@ Missed that one!

£700 is cheap! I've seen some great prices on used stuff but nothing that's close enough to what I want. So I'm paying £1770 delivered to California. Thanks to the recent dive of the pound versus dollar a new Status is a bargain today compared to the last few years.

Customs are always tricky since you never know exactly how it will turn out but I feel pretty good :)

10-12 weeks is not that long of a wait... I'll just keep telling myself that until it's here.
GroovemasterGroovemaster
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Rastelli,

Excellent choice and good taste ;)

When it's finished, It should look like mine B)

Cheers,
Paul
You do not have access to view attachments
R
Rastelli
Posted 15 years ago
Nice Groovemaster, I see you splurged on the LED's. I thought about side LED's but it's just too much money for me.

I'm going to keep the usual walnut block to get that dark center core effect, I like how it simplifies the lines.
Edited by Rastelli on 24-02-2009 22:00, 15 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Rastelli wrote:

Danny wrote:

£700 is cheap! I've seen some great prices on used stuff but nothing that's close enough to what I want. So I'm paying £1770 delivered to California. Thanks to the recent dive of the pound versus dollar a new Status is a bargain today compared to the last few years.

Customs are always tricky since you never know exactly how it will turn out but I feel pretty good :)

10-12 weeks is not that long of a wait... I'll just keep telling myself that until it's here.

Have complete faith in Rob, if a custom jobbie doesn't look right it wont even leave the factory. Now my wait is over it hasn't seemed that long!!! I picked up my custom build today from Rob and wow, first class instrument, first class customer service. Already thinking of the next one, Darren what have you done to me!!
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

Danny wrote:
I picked up my custom build today from Rob and wow, first class instrument, first class customer service. Already thinking of the next one, Darren what have you done to me!!

May we have some pics please?

I mean like, before I die of starvation waiting for them?
To know me is to love me, and I do.
Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 15 years ago

Danny wrote:
[quote]Rastelli wrote:
[quote]Danny wrote:
Now my wait is over it hasn't seemed that long!!! I picked up my custom build today from Rob and wow, first class instrument, first class customer service. Already thinking of the next one, Darren what have you done to me!!

I didn't even get any commission! :)

And yes… pics, please… as soon as possible. No, crikey... what am I saying? Get 'round here with it!
Status Series II - #397
Jonas Hellborg Signature
King Bass Prototype #1
King Bass Prototype #2
King Bass MkII Prototype #002 (The Stuttgart Bass)
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 15 years ago
[ur

Groovemaster wrote:
Hi Rastelli,

Excellent choice and good taste ;)

When it's finished, It should look like mine B)

Cheers,
Paul

And Mine
i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/blunderthumbs/IMG_0785.jpg
R
Rastelli
Posted 15 years ago
Danny, I agree with the pics request :)

Blunderthumbs, your bass helped in my decision . I like those Tobias style resin knobs, they probably save a few ounces too.
R
Rastelli
Posted 15 years ago
This is the pic I sent Rob, I'm swapping a bit of the walnut center core mass for alder to make sure I have one of the lighter S2's around.

It's getting closer!!!
Edited by Rastelli on 04-03-2009 13:37, 15 years ago
R
Rastelli
Posted 15 years ago
With a delivery expected this month the excitement is building. I have seen my wood choice and I'm pleased. Like black shoes flamed maple goes with anything.
R
Rastelli
Posted 15 years ago
Whoohoo! It's shipped!!! Now let's see how fast it can get to California.

I thought I would get some pictures to confirm everything was right before shipping. That just keeps things exciting.
R
Rastelli
Posted 15 years ago
... and it's here :)

I'll get some better pics for the showoff thread. I'm very pleased so far, it's a bit unfamiliar but that will go away soon. I think I've already decided the next set of strings will be nickel but that's a ways off.

Sure is pretty! :D
G
gazhowe
Posted 15 years ago
Congratulations, that looks very nice. :)
EdmoukEdmouk
Posted 15 years ago
Beautiful ! Congratulations ;)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Lovely bass... Can we have some better pictures please!!!

;)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator