Re-issues?

Last updated on 16 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
When I was at Dons last weekend trying one of his early model 4 stringers, I really got off on the sound and character of this thing. Then being at Moo's and trying some of his more vintage models (especially the FPPR and Damons Series 2) I found a new admiration. So while talking to Rob the other day at the shop I mentioned the concept of re-issues.
Every other company and their cousin has made re-issues of guitars and basses, I think Rob should do the same,
Thoughts?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
@
@mikepbass
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Definately. I think it would be great if all the old ones such as empathy's and the old series 2000's were re-issued with modern mods. Let hope, wait and see...
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Yeah Todd it's a good idea but (and there's always a but) the only problem i can see is that when ever anything is reissued.i.e. the '62 jazz etc it never is quite the same.

I sometimes think that when older things that have been so good,like the old series 2,series 2000,empathy etc maybe its just as well to leave alone and if you like em and want one just hunt around for and old one as i think sometimes that old MAGIC can never be recaptured.

but thats just my worthless opinion cheers Dave
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
I understand exactly what your saying Daveski. Part of it might be the fact that our memories are always better than the actual moment.
Thats why I think it would be important to build any re-issues without upgrades, such as truss rod, electronics etc.

but thats just my even more worthless opinion cheers Todd
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Yeah i agree with you Todd if it had to be done then things should stay the same!

that's my even more worthless opinion than your worthless opinion that was even more worthless than my first worthless opinion......i think!
J
Jd
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
would be cool if they brought back the original status guitar, also the Empathy's. i know i'd probly have one, or 2 or 3, damn these basses are like cocaine, very moorish!!

James.
Status S2 Paramatrix.
Status S3.
Status S2.
GB Spitfire.
Fender Geddy Lee signature.
Amplification by TC Electronic.
Pants by M&S.
@
@mikepbass
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Never tried cocaine, but damn, I agree :D
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
It would seem to me, doing a re-issue would be more economically feasible if there was a specific model that is made in a "run".
Question being, what model should it be?
D
Don Prince
Posted 16 years ago
The " EMPATHY " most definitaly the " EMPATHY " . This instrument is beyond anything & everything, simply the best... I agree James, I'd buy 2 or 3 more of these baby's, no truss-rod, straight stable neck without any worries....simply the best... I sold a 6 string & I still regret it to this day, stupid stupid stupid me.

It is my sincere opinion,

Don.
There is enough music for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.

Robert Fripp.
Edited by Don Prince on 13-09-2008 13:26, 16 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
I have a strange feeling (from past conversations) that it would be a Series 2000 model. the old shape, everything carbon... Pure Status!

We talked a great deal about this a while back and I said Rob should use the old style tuners and everything and on the back of the bass have some sort of 'inscription' in the weave saying Status 25th Anniversary Bass #01. Make only 25 of them and have a special case with nice certificate, some beautiful hi res pictures etc. etc. AND charge for it.

Problem is, Rob is so busy and he's the only one who can do this.

I hope he doesn't do it too soon as I WANT one but need a few weeks (months) to get the funds together.

;)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Edited by moo on 12-09-2008 17:34, 16 years ago
@
@mikepbass
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
im sure I read in the level 42 web digest forum that Robs supplier of the old hardware, like on the series 2000's, went out of business, and so therefore do not supply them anymore as spare parts. That's why Rob had to find a new supplier of the 'kingbass' kind of hardware. It would mean that he'd have to try and make them himself surely?
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
I am not well versed in the specifics of the Status models as most of you are here. but personally, Dons Empathy and Moo's FPPR were real standout classics for me. To have one of those new would be a treat.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator