Pics of my 'new' guitar

Last updated on 14 years ago
marmosetmarmoset
Posted 16 years ago
Hi everyone, I recently bought this status guitar from Stubacca on this forum, it plays beautifully and I cannot wait to play it live :) I will record some clips some time, but for now here are some pics I took.

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/CushionII.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/Flame.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/GutiarII.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/Guitar.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/Headstock-1.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/Logo.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/Bridge.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/NeckJoint-1.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/Cushion.jpg
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Having been lucky enough to own that guitar for a short while, I have to say it's a real beauty. If I had the money I would have it as my 'guitar' to play my crappy lead bits on my songs :D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Edited by moo on 27-08-2008 09:15, 16 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Very nice guitar, what would you say the tone of it is close too?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
marmosetmarmoset
Posted 16 years ago
Well, using only the piezo pickup you can get a good acoustic guitar sound (I use the solid state voicing on my ADA MP1 for this, which is very clean, more like a keyboard amp). The bridge pickup is quite tight, and is quite trebly I think, good for distorted riffs as it has a good bite to it. The neck pickup is warmer, and sounds nice clean as well as for smooth leads. The combination of neck and bridge sounds more like a single coil, very good for funky playing. Blending the piezo with the neck pickup gives a very nice jazz sound, the piezo gives the notes a nice attack.

In terms of comparing it to other guitars, I think it has its own sound, it doesn't do sounds exactly like a strat or a les paul etc, however I guess the middle pickup selection could be described as strat like. I will try to record some clips :)
S
Stubacca
Posted 16 years ago
Dig the arty photos! :)
andreandre
Admin
Posted 16 years ago
Enjoy it! I know where she came from ;)
marmosetmarmoset
Posted 15 years ago
Here are some pics of the guitar in action, live and in a rehearsal. The photos are pretty small, but the flame on the top comes out nicely in some of them :)

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/bandaids7.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/bandaids4.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/bandaids1.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/bandaids8.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/bandaids6.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/bandaids5.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/practise3.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/practise1.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/practise2.jpg

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/marmoset_rock/practise4ii.jpg
Edited by marmoset on 03-04-2009 13:07, 15 years ago
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:
If I had the money I would have it as my 'guitar' to play my crappy lead bits on my songs :D

I wasn't going to say anything about that. ;)

Marmoset, that is one beautiful guitar. You look like you're enjoying it. And the pictures are fantastic. It seems you do more than one talent.
To know me is to love me, and I do.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Great pics buddy!!

So glad you're loving your guitar. I wish I had one!

Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
That's a lovely looking guitar. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Stand and Deliver!
R
ricstave
Posted 15 years ago
Very nice!

I really want a streamline guitar - anyone have any clue as to when that might be made?
A Stealth 6 for a Streamline 5? Hmmmm.....

Here are some of my bands...
www.initiationmusic.com
www.myspace.com/thediscoduckband
www.myspace.com/ledzeptributecoda
Back To The Bars {on Facebook}
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Serial Number 049017 = April 1990 ??
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:
Great pics buddy!!

We might have to get one for the "Status family share" program Moo!!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
I have been eyeing this one for a while ....

www.status-graphite.com/status/image/guitar/git_graphite_side_3.jpg
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago
Yet another work of art by Mr. Green!

It's on my "to do" list.
To know me is to love me, and I do.
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
There used to be a late night TV show in uk 20 odd years ago with Henry Thomas(known as the thumb)teaching bass and Deirdre Cartright teaching gtr,i seem to remember Deirdre played a status gtr in the classic S2 shape.Does anyone else remember that,maybe shed some light on it.Some TV channel like DAVE should pick that up and run it again after the top gear repeats,quality viewing.cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Edited by travelingbassman on 04-04-2009 12:35, 15 years ago
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
Hey TBM, "Rock School"; That's a real "blast from the past". There's a ton of clips on You Tube. Think the 6-string guitar was a PRS.
Stand and Deliver!
T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
Thanks d4dve,your right about the prs in the you tube clips but they all appear to be from the 2nd series.I seem to remember Henry T using a westone thunder 3 and Deidre,s gtr being a status in a natural wood finish,perhaps these instruments were used in series 1 or im just mistaken afterall.Where are you Deirdre,help me out here my dear,or maybe Mr Green might remember something on the topic.cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Todd wrote:

moo wrote:
Great pics buddy!!

We might have to get one for the "Status family share" program Moo!!

We'll get one to use on the new album!!

;)
M
mrpink
Posted 15 years ago
Very nice indeed.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator