My Strata Guitar

Last updated on 13 years ago
E
Eddie L
Posted 16 years ago
Hi All,

I thought you guys might be interested to see this. I bought in when I was a student from an even more impoverished friend back in about 1995. I had no idea what it was and bought it on the basis that it looked funky and played beautifully. I think I paid £400 at the time.
I have just had it cleaned up as the brass was pretty badly tarnished after most of the lacquer had worn off. However given its age it is in great nick. It has a similar config. to the GMT Status Guitar on an earlier thread, except this one has three 'single coils' and a five-way selector (nob nearest neck). I was going to ask where to find the serial number but I think I found it on the plate on the 'head'. If that is it then it is no. 29.
I have thought about selling it as I have more than enough equipment for my meagre musical career, although I am resurrecting it slightly at the moment. However, it is almost unique and I don't think I would see another one, let alone own one again! So I'm in two minds. Plus it plays so well...
You do not have access to view attachments
E
Eddie L
Posted 16 years ago
Another photo, as I couldn't work out how to post more than one at a time!
andreandre
Admin
Posted 16 years ago
First of all welcome to the Forum Eddie and what a fabulous guitar you have there; definitely a piece of history too !! I am also very lucky enough to have a sister guitar produced after the Strata period but this is the first Strata guitar that I have ever seen !

Serial number is #25 and I found this baby in Japan a few years back. I do not know of any other Strata guitar as yet. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

www.andresimha.com/music/my_guitars/status_gmt_guitar/images/2a06_3.JPG.jpg

www.andresimha.com/music/my_guitars/status_gmt_guitar/images/2bd9_3.JPG.jpg

Congratulations once again!

PS. A few other Strata basses can be seen here -> http://statii.com/status_cats/strata/...index.html and if you don't mind your guitar would be a great addition to that section.
thumperthumper
Posted 16 years ago
Hi, welcome to the forum! That's a lovely guitar you have there - congratulations!:)
...be kind to each other...
E
Eddie L
Posted 16 years ago
Quite happy for it to go on the site to keep things up to date for you guys. Let me take a couple of better photos first though!
E
Eddie L
Posted 16 years ago
I think this is a better quality shot. Let me know if you need any other images for the library.

Cheers,
Eddie
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Ooh she's preeeety
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Well that's the second early Status guitar I've seen and the first STRATA guitar!!

Fantastic!

Eddie you lucky boy!!

I think they're as rare as the proverbial 'rocking horse shit'!

:D

BUT here's the million $ question... If yours is #29 and André's is #25... How come yours is a Strata and André's is a Status... I'm assuming André's was bought by someone who Rob could contact and therefore have it back in for a 'name change'!

So, André yours is actually a re-badged Strata!

My head hurts :o
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
E
Eddie L
Posted 16 years ago
I guess I'm only just starting to realise the significance of the old girl.
Would be interesting to find out why the number sequence and/or reasoning behind Andre's guitar being a 'Status' as opposed to a 'Strata'.
Don't let it get on top of you Moo though!;)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Ha ha... They would have to be a tad cuter to get on top of me!!! Oh, and a pulse would be nice (although not absolutely necessary) :D

I think my explanation is correct... It's the logical answer. Rob is normally way too busy to answer these kind of questions unless we're really lucky and catch him at the right time. Usually easiest when you're ordering a new bass ;)

As ever with Status, there is little 'market value' for this guitar. Its real value is to you and how much you love it.

If you can, hold onto it... It's an absolute peach!

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
P.S. You do know that Rob is NOT a bass player but a guitarist!!!
E
Eddie L
Posted 16 years ago
Guys,
Sad, but I'm preparing to let her go. Any interested parties out there?
You probably think I'm mad but I just can't justify hanging on to her at the moment as I really don't play her as often as she deserves.
Let me know if anyone is interested as I am going to have to list it on the demon ebay but would rather it went to a 'known' home!

Thanks,
Eddie
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
PM Sent
Essex..... Home of the Bass!!!!

UK Award Winning Wedding/Function Band:www.5catfish.com

HOT SAUCE Disco/Funk/Rare Groove covers band:www.HotSauceDisco.com

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/JayCramphorneavt.jpg
E
Eddie L
Posted 16 years ago
My needs have just got greater and this is going to be sold one way or another!!!
Thanks for the interest so far but I've yet to have a firm offer.
As I mentioned before I would rather it go to one of you guys who clearly have a serious passion and I am willing to listen to reasonable offers.

Cheers,
Eddie
hazb74hazb74
Posted 16 years ago

Eddie L wrote:
My needs have just got greater and this is going to be sold one way or another!!!
Thanks for the interest so far but I've yet to have a firm offer.
As I mentioned before I would rather it go to one of you guys who clearly have a serious passion and I am willing to listen to reasonable offers.

Cheers,
Eddie

PM sent
rgds, Harry AKA Sarcastic Bastard

My gear:
'07 Status S2 5
'96 Status Energy 5
'08 Status Smartbass 5
'06 Status/Musicman Stingray 5
Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 Amp
Genz Benz Neo X 212T
E
Eddie L
Posted 16 years ago
Hi all,
I have now put the guitar on Ebay I'm afraid, but I'm still hopeful that whoever ends up buying it will fully appreciate it! Anyone still interested will find it quite easily on the site and there are a few more photos than I managed to upload here!

Cheers,
Eddie

andreandre
Admin
Posted 16 years ago
Hi Eddie, sorry for the delayed response to your original thread ... could you please PM me your asking price? Thanks !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...0273835086
Edited by andre on 27-09-2008 21:33, 16 years ago
E
Eddie L
Posted 15 years ago
The guitar has now sold and although I am sad to see it go it would seem it has gone to an enthusiast. I will see if i can point him in the direction of this forum as you are one of the best forums i have experienced. Thanks to all and keep the dream alive!
D
dougco
Posted 13 years ago
I've been wanting one of these Status guitars for a really long time but they're just too hard to acquire. Since Rob Green says has no plans to make any and doesn't have the molds I am thinking of having a luthiere-friend build me a replica (carbon neck and all).

Would any of you Status guitar owners be willing to trace the shape of the guitar so I can work from it? I'd be happy to share more info about the project and post the pics...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator