Poll Discussion: Favourite Level 42 songs

Last updated on 16 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
OK... 2 categories here,

1/ best 'bass' track... Your fav L42 track for its bass

2/ best 'music' track... Your fav L42 track for the song

I'll kick off... It's a tough one this!!

1/ 43 (Level 42) - It's just one track I can listen to over and over. Simple thumping bass. Love it

2/ Two Heats Collide (Staring at the Sun) - Just love that song :)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago

themoo wrote:
OK... 2 categories here,

1/ best 'bass' track... Your fav L42 track for its bass

2/ best 'music' track... Your fav L42 track for the song

I'll kick off... It's a tough one this!!

1/ 43 (Level 42) - It's just one track I can listen to over and over. Simple thumping bass. Love it

2/ Two Heats Collide (Staring at the Sun) - Just love that song :)

Ooooooo tuff one..... ok here goes

1) '43' ultimate funk riffing!
2) 'Lying Still' from World Machine...... Great song, great production and Phil's playing on that song is inspiring.

If you ask me tomorrow I would have probably changed my mind.....
Essex..... Home of the Bass!!!!

UK Award Winning Wedding/Function Band:www.5catfish.com

HOT SAUCE Disco/Funk/Rare Groove covers band:www.HotSauceDisco.com

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/JayCramphorneavt.jpg
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

Mike Prince wrote:
1) 88, or return of the handsome rugged man, OR Pursuit of accidents

2) Its over or to be with you again OR starchild to name but a few!

MP

one Mike.... ONE!!

:@
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
L
Lynottfan
Posted 16 years ago
1) Heaven in my hands, great song, full power, great riff, fast, great opener, love it.
2) Starchild or Hotwater, just funk 101:)
Johnny the Fox
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
The answers will change each day depending on my mood, but today...

(1), Lessons in love, what a sleeper this song is, sounds so pop, but the bass line is a true test of thumb stamina
(2) Hotwater, any live version, this song can always pick me up, and seems to work for the band too

I'll be back tomorrow with different answers
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
R
richleemusic
Posted 16 years ago
Tricky. I'd have to say...

(1) - Are you hearing (what I hear)? (I hate brackets!) Amazing Bassline and rhythm section throughout!

(2) - Something about you. Always a favourite pop song of mine! Always wanted to hear how it went after it faded out and Mark started slapping like crazy just at the end.

Oh damn hang on - forever now was good. And love in a peacful world. Oh and seven years. Oh and...... D'oh!
One left...
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Moo I want another poll, this is too difficult :@

...ok I'll try :

1 - 43 or Mr Pink or The Return of The HRM

2 - Hot water or Dream crazy or Dance on heavy weather ( live is a drums party )
E
energy3542
Posted 16 years ago
1) Mr Pink

2) Kansas City milkman
B
BigRedDog73
Posted 16 years ago
1)Chinese Way - always the first thing i play when i plug the KB in

2)Rooted - i know Retroglide has been criticised a fair bit, but both studio and live it's a great track!

Cheers

Graeme
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

KingBass73 wrote:

2)Rooted - i know Retroglide has been criticised a fair bit, but both studio and live it's a great track!

Cheers

Graeme

Strange how people feel about Retroglide! I really like it. I was so unbothered about the Guaranteed & Forever Now albums that I think they pulled it back with Retroglide. Just wish he would write a couple of 'no effects' thumping bass instrumental tracks! Even just one per album that us bass players can 'play to'!

I'll tell Mark when he calls round for his next lesson :D
Edited by moo on 11-02-2008 02:27, 16 years ago
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago

themoo wrote:

KingBass73 wrote:

Cheers

Graeme

Strange how people feel about Retroglide! I really like it. I was so unbothered about the Guaranteed & Forever Now albums that I think they pulled it back with Retroglide. Just wish he would write a couple of 'no effects' thumping bass instrumental tracks! Even just one per album that us bass players can 'play to'!

I find it strange how un-well received that Forever Now is.... I think that the songs and bass lines on this album are inspiring!!!
Essex..... Home of the Bass!!!!

UK Award Winning Wedding/Function Band:www.5catfish.com

HOT SAUCE Disco/Funk/Rare Groove covers band:www.HotSauceDisco.com

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/JayCramphorneavt.jpg
EdmoukEdmouk
Posted 16 years ago
1 - Love games - Great bass riff !

2 - Man - Fantastic 7 minutes song.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

misterpink wrote:

themoo wrote:

KingBass73 wrote:

Cheers

Graeme

I find it strange how un-well received that Forever Now is.... I think that the songs and bass lines on this album are inspiring!!!

I find the album boring. Never listen to it. Nice to hear that you like it. Would be a shame if that much work went un-appreciated!!

:)
GroovemasterGroovemaster
Posted 16 years ago
1. Heathrow

2. I'ts over
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
1-theres too many good ones to choose

2-model friend
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
OK... people aren't quite getting this!!

You're about to be shot in the head... Dead... bye bye!!

You are given all the Level 42 CD's and told...

"You can listen to 2 last songs. One 'bass' and one 'melody'"

So which ones do you choose?

ooooh there are so many to.... **B A N G** you get shot! Simple! Make a choice!

And I don't want anyone to be smart and say "Over There"! and when they're looking 'over there' you do a runner :D
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
OK OK, got the message ! Put the gun down now :o

1- 43

2- To be with you again

:D
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

enzo wrote:
OK OK, got the message ! Put the gun down now :o

1- 43

2- To be with you again

I think, due to the popularity of 43 (especially if it comes out on top) we should write to Mark and ask him to write a track called 44 and just release it for his bass playing fans as a download! Just him with a thumping bass, great drums and simple everything else... no 'effects' just clean and thumping!

Thoughts?

HE OWES US!!

;)
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
sorry sorry!!

1-mr pink
S
Stubacca
Posted 16 years ago
Very difficult to narrow it down, isn't it?

Bass track: 88

Fave song: Standing in the Light - usually my "soundcheck" riff
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator