My Status guitar

Last updated on 16 years ago
S
Stubacca
Posted 16 years ago
Just taken delivery of a gorgeous 2004 Status guitar, ex of Andre and (briefly!) Moo - thanks guys!

So, first impressions:

Looks-wise, it's superb. Very much like the maple top, and the back looks amazing -I love the graphite weave on the necks of my basses, but it's a whole different level of cool on an all-graphite guitar. Hmmm... wanting a Stealth now...

Sound - excellent. Very high output from the humbuckers, more so than from my Patrick Eggle, with a nice tone on all settings, but I especially like the two pickups combined, which has a really honky sound - will be using that a lot, I suspect.

The piezo's cool as well, if a little on the quiet side compared with the humbuckers. This is the first piezo-equipped guitar I've had that also has a tremolo, so the concept of an acoustic with a whammy bar is quite novel. :)

Feel - I'd say at this point I'm 75% pleased, with another 15% to be decided when it's acclimatised properly (it got very cold in transit), I've changed the strings (they're a lighter gauge than I usually use) and I've set the action accordingly. The thing that will take some getting used to is the thickness of the neck - it's chunkier than almost all my other guitars, the exception being my Brian May Red Special, which is also highly chunkular. However, everything else about it is great - the fingerboard's as good as you'd expect of Status, and the balance with a strap is perfect - no Les Paul-style neck dive here.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it. It's not the "ultimate guitar" I might have hoped it to be when I first saw them on the Status website and read the reviews, but it's a bloody good one, and it'll serve me well.

Big thanks to Andre, Moo and the previous owner who have all looked after it with the utmost care - I hope it'll still be in as good nick when it's done a few gigs with me.

Btw, I'd post some photos, but Andre's done such a good job (see previous thread) it's a bit pointless. I'll put some gig photos up when I've used it live, how's that? ;)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Really glad she got to you OK Stu!

I'm sure it will take a bit of getting used to after normal wood guitars!!

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
andreandre
Admin
Posted 16 years ago
I regret her already but sure glad she is in such good hands !!!

Enjoy ;)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator