Mr Bailey says

Last updated on 18 years ago
E
energy3542
Posted 18 years ago
I just got home: tonight I saw the Bill Evans & Randy Brecker Soulbop Band playing live at the Blue Note in Milano (Italy). Amazing concert even if the band did not have their usual equipment as all the band’s luggage was sent from New York to China instead of Milano.
The bass player was Victor Bailey and he was playing a short scale Fender Mustang that he could find in the backstage of the club. After the gig I was asking Victor if he liked the way he sounded during the show (to me it was the usually good old Bailey’s tone) and then he asked me back what kind of bass I play. I answered that I currently play a Status bass, of course, and he said: “Man, those are really good basses!”
I guess we don’t really need Victor Bailey to tell us how good our bass is, but it was really a pleasure to hear it from him.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Hey that's really cool on three counts. First you get to hear Victor Bailey play, then even better you get to meet and talk with him and finally he is really complimentary about your bass!

What a great evening! B)
M
MrWalker
Posted 18 years ago
Great stuff! :)

I'm just thinking that Victor Bailey probably thought to himself "Hell... why didn't he bring the bass so I could use that instead of that crappy Fender toy..."
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.