MK 500 Amp Crackle !!

Last updated on 11 years ago
T
tippbass
Posted 11 years ago
Hi ,
Was rehearsing there this evening and my Ashdown MK500 developed a nasty "crackle " almost sounded like a blown speaker or tweeter gone but after trying it with all permatations of cab it definitely seems to be the Amp .
Anyone else experienced this or similar or any suggestions

Cheers

Al
Status S2 Classic-Cocobolo & wrap round LEDs
Trace Elliot AH500 GP11 Series 4
Gallien Krueger 700RB 2 1x12 combo + 1x12 neo cab
johnghjohngh
Posted 11 years ago
Yes, I've had a similar thing with mine. The amp is racked, but it had been stored for a week in our rehearsal room in the cold and damp. After a while it cleared up, but after the rehearsal I took it home and kept it at room temperature, tried it again the following week and it was fine.

I didn't think it was anything too serious as the amp had just been serviced by Ashdown.
T
tippbass
Posted 11 years ago
mmm ..... Interesting , I think mine may have a reaction to temperature the other way , I hadn't used it for a couple of weeks and it had been in a very warm spot in the house then I took it outside to our rehearsal room which is cold and literally turned it on and started playing , normaly I'd leave it for a while to warm up but tonight I didn't for some reason ?? I think I'll set it up again tomorrow let it warm up and then pay it for an hour or 2 , like you say with yours I don't think it can be much as its well looked after , I had a sneaky peak inside (why I don't really know !) and all seems perfect no loose wires or anything like that , so ill give it a blast tomorrow and see how it goes , I have a gig on Saturday so ill report back after that ,
Cheers for the reply
Al
johnghjohngh
Posted 11 years ago
our guitarist Marshall has suffered similar issues in the same room as my mk500.

both the Marshall and my mk500 sounded crap until they got warm due to the extreme cold. my mk500 comes home with me now without exception.
Edited by johngh on 06-04-2013 23:59, 11 years ago
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
PM Leetav, he has one, see if he has had similar problems. If you all get your info together you might be able to find the common faults.
T
tippbass
Posted 11 years ago
Cheers for that ;-)
The amp was fine at last nights gig but I might just send him a pm anyway ,
Cheers
Al
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator