TPJ 14:10:58

More Users 
Status News:
View Thread
 Print Thread
Pickup balance and tone issues
Jeroen
I've done a quick search of the forum, but with no success, so here goes:

I've recently acquired a beautiful lefty S2 Classic bolt-on in white with the Buzzard-style Roman numeral fingerboard inlays, and while I like it a LOT, there's one thing that's annoying me a fair bit. With the balance pot in the center position, there's a big volume drop and I'm losing a LOT of top end. When I turn the knob towards the neck pickup, the output is almost doubled and the tone is much more articulate and defined, with a bright "zing". I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with this issue. This is the first Status I've ever laid my hands on, so I have no other experience playing these instruments, and therefore I have no comparison. Looking forward to your replies!

i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Basses/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7450_zpslngr9ypa.jpg i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Basses/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7434_zps23psucpt.jpg

(pics from the previous owner)

Sonic Groove
Doesn't sound right!!

Sounds like someone may have wired the pickups out of phase? If you are not adept with a soldering iron get a tech to look at it .

Brendan

Jeroen
I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't the sound be thinner and brighter if the pickups were out of phase?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
The 2009 Statii CD
Copyright © The Statii Team 2006-2017 and André Simha. All rights reserved