More Users 
Status News:
View Thread
 Print Thread
Raffle????
moo
Steve wrote:
moo wrote:
Firstly, let's keep this thread 100% for the raffle otherwise it will get lost.

Secondly, I actually think we should be raffling something in particular!

I don't think this works as a 'choose you own' when everything's done and dusted. One of the reasons for this is that Rob might have something already made he would be willing to offer up right now!

That means someone would have a new bass for Christmas!!

Andrι, shall we ask Rob what he thinks??

Regarding the second point;
Have to disagree Moo, surely the idea of the Status service is to get exactly what you want rather than what the company making what they want and selling the results. Perhaps I am in the minority but a Kingbass or anything 'Retroglidesque' would have no appeal, and if I won it would be straight on here for sale.

Edit : I've tried to word that as best I can but I think it still sounds agressive - not the idea at all Matthew!

Hey Steve

I understand, don't worry.

It was just a thought to get some more value from Rob AND remember, you're getting something for £50!!

We haven't actually heard from Rob what he can do for us on this and so after we chat with him it might give us a better idea!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86

http://web.me.com/themoo/moo_basses/Introduction.h
enzo
It's tough !

Anything you win you paid it 50 pounds, crazy !

But, surely, it would be sad to sell the bass that you won, way sad !

Maybe Rob could give for example 3 different models to choose from the stock basses.

Just an idea.....

PS: Matt I emailed back to you, did you get it ?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth

Mike
I supppose so but it all depends on how fat he gets through the stock, AND what tickels everyone's fancy.

Merton
FunkyBassMan wrote:
No offense moo but I feel that your assertion that the bass should be a specific model or in stock is contradictory to the PM Andre sent out to all of us.

Please don't start changing the rules once all of us have placed our interest in the initial post as presented by Andre. I, for one, am only interested in getting the bass that I want and not a bass that is in stock and ready to roll. Some may think this is greedy but this is what was offered in the raffle PM and what should be expected.

That being said, I would withdraw my entry into the raffle if the rules are changed from what was initially sent by Andre. I thought the enticement of getting a custom bass from Status was the draw factor to this raffle and it should stay that way.

+1

EDIT: on reflection I WOULDN'T withdraw my entry but I do agree with the sentiment quoted above.
Edited by Merton on 16-10-2008 15:03
www.bitd.co.uk
merton.bitd.co.uk
Retroactive J / Ashdown amplification and BarefacedBass cabs

http://www.cengiz-music.com
Jassco
+1 too
My basses:
- [ON ORDER]Status S2 neck-thru 5 string (Red or Amber or Green) figured maple
- Status S2 neck-thru 4 string Blue figured maple
- Status S2 Bolt-on 6 string Headless, Figured maple top
- Status S2 Bolt-on 6 string Headless & Fretless, Figured walnut top

My amp :
- MarkBass Ta503 Head
- MarkBass 104HR Cabinet

http://myspace.com/marcomottolini
Jim
+1 from me as well... Sorry....
- Status Empathy 4 String Headless SimS SensiLight LEDs
- Status "The Groove" 5 String
- Fender Squier Contemporary Active Jazz Bass
- Hohner B2 Steinberger Copy
- Crafter Electro-Acoustic Bass
- Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass
- TC Electronic RH750 + RS210 + RS112
- Trace Elliot Series 6 715 1 x15" Combo (For Sale!)
- Peavey Microbass Practice Amp

moo
Gentlemen, I'm just trying to make this work as there are only 30 people interested. That's c£300 ($600) short of a standard 'top of the line' bass.

Based on lots of comments on this thread, £50 ($100) is a fair bit of money for some... Especially coming up to Christmas. If you win, and then you find that you have to put another $600 to get to get a top bass (plus $150 shipping + $????? TAX) then it's all getting a bit too much and well, the thing wont happen. After reading THAT maybe we'll have more people dropping out. I personally wouldn't be able to find another £300 to get any of the basses I would like until after I come back from the Far East in 2009.... Which makes the whole thing a bit pointless. This should be a draw that takes place in a couple of weeks when we are with Rob & Dawn and someone gets a new bass for Christmas.

So, my suggestions are trying to find solutions. Rob might be more inclined to raffle a current stock 'top of the line' bass which is 'sitting there' rather than getting less money for a bass he has to spend time building.

The E-mail sent out (my E-mail from Andrι) was an 'idea'. If we didn't have enough people to fund a bass build then it wouldn't happen anyway.

Tickets will be £50 and we are hoping to have minimum of 40 people to give us the ability to order any Status Bass on the site

please not the word 'hoping'!

Please think more thoroughly before you start commenting!

I'm looking for solutions here!!
Edited by moo on 16-10-2008 14:16
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86

Darren Goldsmith
It is a little tricky. If I won, I was going to add to the winning pot with my own money to buy a Retroglide or a new MKII. And I'm not worried about actually receiving the bass in time for Christmas...

If people are going to start pulling out (not me btw... I'd be happy with a Status stock bass any day of the week, despite the above plan if I won), because they're not going to be able to have the model they want, then that's just bad news for the individual 'ticket' price of the pot. Does it therefore make more sense to stick to the original idea?

Damn... I'm not being very helpful, am I?
Status Series II - #397
Jonas Hellborg Signature
King Bass Prototype #1
King Bass Prototype #2
King Bass MkII Prototype #002 (The Stuttgart Bass)

Angry-Canuck
From my experience, the idea of a raffle is to win something that has been offered up, example: car, iPod, dinner for 2 at a selected restaurant. I have never before seen a Raffle that lets you select the prize, usually the winner can keep the prize, or if it's not something they really want, they can barter or sell it. Point being, a raffle is an opportunity to get a "gift" at a minumal surcharge so to speak.
In this case, if I were to win a bass that didn't suit my fancy, it would be somewhat irellevant because the worst case scenario is, I could sell it or perhaps trade it for something I really do want, and still be way ahead of the game. Something substantial for very little investment is what people thirve for in the stock market, why not a raffle too?

Thats just my subjective opinion....
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses

moo
Darren Goldsmith wrote:
It is a little tricky. If I won, I was going to add to the winning pot with my own money to buy a Retroglide or a new MKII. And I'm not worried about actually receiving the bass in time for Christmas...

If people are going to start pulling out (not me btw... I'd be happy with a Status stock bass any day of the week, despite the above plan if I won), because they're not going to be able to have the model they want, then that's just bad news for the individual 'ticket' price of the pot. Does it therefore make more sense to stick to the original idea?

Damn... I'm not being very helpful, am I?

Hey Darren

The original idea would be lovely BUT I know of several people who would be unable to add to the 'pot' to get a bass they want. So therefore they would probably drop out.

If 5 (I think there will be more) people drop out the price of each ticket would be up to $125 (from $86) for a standard top of the range model etc.

As I said, I'm looking for solutions to make this happen!

We will have more info after we speak to Rob.

Darren Goldsmith
OK, cheers Moo... let us know what he says.
Status Series II - #397
Jonas Hellborg Signature
King Bass Prototype #1
King Bass Prototype #2
King Bass MkII Prototype #002 (The Stuttgart Bass)

Steve
Todd wrote:
In this case, if I were to win a bass that didn't suit my fancy, it would be somewhat irellevant because the worst case scenario is, I could sell it or perhaps trade it for something I really do want, and still be way ahead of the game.

Ahead of the game yes, but you wouldn't get list price because it's "second hand", thus leading to more digging around in your own pocket to get what you want.
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....

http://cofneverlivetotell.deviantart.com/gallery
strattybass
hi guys my current situation being made redundant last month i cant go above £50 if the ticket price was to increase i would have to drop out !!!
sorry!

thanks
Andy
Edited by strattybass on 16-10-2008 15:04
Kingbass Black beauty
Jaydee S2 MK Supernatural Black
jaydee S3 MK Supernatural Cherry Red
GB rumour
line 6 hd500x
TC Electronic Effects
eden 4x10 cab
tc rh450 head

Angry-Canuck
Steve wrote:
Todd wrote:
In this case, if I were to win a bass that didn't suit my fancy, it would be somewhat irellevant because the worst case scenario is, I could sell it or perhaps trade it for something I really do want, and still be way ahead of the game.

Ahead of the game yes, but you wouldn't get list price because it's "second hand", thus leading to more digging around in your own pocket to get what you want.

Just so I understand this...what your saying is that getting a bass for less than one tenth the price you would normally have to pay still isn't enough for you?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses

Steve
Todd wrote:
Just so I understand this...what your saying is that getting a bass for less than one tenth the price you would normally have to pay still isn't enough for you?

Not at all, I am saying that having a pre-selected bass/spec is ridiculous based on the "oh well sell it and buy what YOU want" idea.
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

moo
1/ I really don't want to be in a position to have to 'find other money' for the bass. I want to buy a ticket and then win (or not) A BASS! No pissing about. Simple. I have too many other things going on to start thinking about... Well if I add another $1,000 I'll get this that and the other. We should be buying tickets for something in particular that we can see! The original solution will only work with more people involved! Enough to cover everything INCLUDING shipping if your across the pond.

2/ I really don't want to ask Rob to do too much here. They guy works too much anyway and makes little profit as it is and asking him to dip into his pocket AND spend the next 12 weeks making something is unreasonable.

Thoughts gentlemen!

Steve
Sorry moo if I've missed something in the thread so far, but surely this will just be like another custom order to Rob other than them picking who gets to place the order (or as it seems to be changing to, who the bass is sent to)
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

moo
Steve wrote:
Sorry moo if I've missed something in the thread so far, but surely this will just be like another custom order to Rob other than them picking who gets to place the order (or as it seems to be changing to, who the bass is sent to)

We will need at least 45 people buying tickets for that to be the case mate.

I'm now looking at solutions where there are LESS people involved... i.e. the number of people who have ACTUALLY expressed an interest so far!

Come on people, think!!

ffs
Edited by moo on 16-10-2008 15:47

Merton
moo - your point(s) are very valid and got me thinking:

what happens if the prize find is £2000 and someone only wants a £1500 bass? Where does the extra money go?

So while my initial thoughts were "no, I want to win the chance to have MY bass BUILT" I think now that you're probably right.

Yes, I'd prefer to have MY choice of bass but my choice is only £1500. If that's the prize fund and I win, then great. If that's the prize fund and you win but you want a £2500 bass, then you either have to stump up £1000 or get something else.

Er, where am i going with this? I don't care either way what the outcome is, I will still enter!
Edited by Merton on 16-10-2008 16:00
www.bitd.co.uk
merton.bitd.co.uk
Retroactive J / Ashdown amplification and BarefacedBass cabs

http://www.cengiz-music.com
Edmouk
Merton wrote:
moo - your point(s) are very valid and got me thinking:

what happens if the prize find is £2000 and someone only wants a £1500 bass? Where does the extra money go?

Spare Hotwire strings ! Grin
Edited by Edmouk on 16-10-2008 15:59

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
The 2009 Statii CD
Copyright © The Statii Team 2006-2019 and Andrι Simha. All rights reserved