Superbass 16:02:53
Howie 17:55:00

More Users 
Status News:
View Thread
 Print Thread
Raffle????
daveski
Hi everyone,don't know if this has been suggested before(sorry if it has)...

How about an annual raffle for a status bass....decide on the model,spec etc,maybe just leave that up to MOO and ANDRE ,S2 one year,KB the next and so on the options are endless....

Set a budget say £2500 which will pretty much buy you any model fully loaded...sounds like a lot but it's only £50 off 50 people or even less if more people want to take part!!!

Now i know times are tough at the moment but i can't believe that you guys on here couldn't muster £50 for a chance to win a top of the range bass,maybe even Rob could take a few photos of the build process,as is so often requested.

Just an idea but could be i bit of fun, also once a year make someone very happy to be able to aquire an instrument that maybe 'out of there reach 'under normal circumstances.

Well what do think?

Angry-Canuck
Great idea, and looking at your current collection, you could use a chance. Grin

Me too actually Cool

#437-S2 on the stock basses page would make a nice canidate, hehehehe
Edited by Angry-Canuck on 29-09-2008 06:44
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses

moo
I think it's a great idea BUT what happens if someone like me wins!!!

There would be calls of "it's rigged" or "he's got enough already" or "He's a baldy headed **** who ***** animals and ***** **** in the toilets of Harrods on a Sunday"!

All of which may be true BUT still very hurtful!

How would the draw be done and everyone know it's fair? Can't video it because, well we could do that a hundred times until my name came up... Maybe We could do the draw up at Status and have Dawn pull the name out of the hat... Video that!

Might work!

Are there 50 people??
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86

http://web.me.com/themoo/moo_basses/Introduction.h
moo
Let's have a cut off date for entry and then we can divide the total cost by the number of people who have signed up. If everyone's happy with the final cost of each ticket (cost of bass χ number of people signed up) then we do it!

I think we give Rob rough guidelines BUT let him make all the decisions himself so that we don't squable about things.

So, 2 questions...

a/ What should it be basically (King Bass / S2 / Stealth / Streamliner.... Fretted / fretless... Wood / graphite etc.)

b/ Put your name here if you're up for it...

1/ moo
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86

hazb74
themoo wrote:

There would be calls of "it's rigged" or "he's got enough already" or "He's a baldy headed **** who ***** animals and ***** **** in the toilets of Harrods on a Sunday"!

How would the draw be done and everyone know it's fair? Can't video it because, well we could do that a hundred times until my name came up... Maybe We could do the draw up at Status and have Dawn pull the name out of the hat... Video that!

Might work!

Are there 50 people??

Just rig is so I win, nobody would suspect a thing...... Grin...

But seriously, very good idea. I would be willing to part with 50 for that. We could perhaps even use the Paypal account Andre already has to transfer funds. Might be a good thing for X-mas (wouldn't that be a great X-mas if you check the forum on X-mas monring and have actually won the f$*&ker!?). One thing though, what about the Status Guitar players?
rgds, Harry AKA Sarcastic Bastard

My gear:
'07 Status S2 5
'96 Status Energy 5
'08 Status Smartbass 5
'06 Status/Musicman Stingray 5
Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 Amp
Genz Benz Neo X 212T

moo
hazb74 wrote:
themoo wrote:

Might work!

Are there 50 people??

Just rig is so I win, nobody would suspect a thing...... Grin...

But seriously, very good idea. I would be willing to part with 50 for that. We could perhaps even use the Paypal account Andre already has to transfer funds. Might be a good thing for X-mas (wouldn't that be a great X-mas if you check the forum on X-mas monring and have actually won the f$*&ker!?). One thing though, what about the Status Guitar players?

You show me a Status guitar player who wouldn't want a beautiful 1 off Status bass for £50 and I'll show you a monkey as president of the United States of America!!

Hang on... Didn't think that one through did I!

Anyhow, I would want a Status guitar for £50 so I guess it all goes to the vote!

Angry-Canuck
Generally, the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few (Star Trek Grin). The vast majority here are bass players, can't please everyone all the time, thats life.
As per who wins, thats life too. Usually retired well off people win lotteries, deal with it.
I think the idea is great. Personally, I think any proceeds should go to Andre for all the hard work and excessive amounts of time he puts into this forum that we all love and use.
As for the bass to raffle? How about something surprisingly interesting like the bass that Mark King is presently using under development or a proto? Its also (including this site) great promo for Status.

If you win Moo, I would be fine with that cause I know you would actually appreciate it, and I would be able to give it a go next time I see ya. Grin
Edited by Angry-Canuck on 29-09-2008 13:21

bassbus
Well said Todd. Andre's work and knowledge of building a site is well apreciated. As for someone winning a raffle like this who has loads of Statii already, those who don't like that idea need to look at the chip on their shoulder and decide whether they want to keep that. Maybe they could raffle that too. Smile

Mike
Very good idea todd. Im well up for putting £50 in. However, I think maybe Rob or Dawn should be the one to pull the name fcrom the hat. Makes it fairer then so Andre himself can have a go Grin

Don Prince
WOW,

I beleive this to be a grand idea guy's. To part with 50 pounds for a chance to win a brand new Status is very cool with me.

May I suggest the bass to be won would be his/her personal choice on the model with the choice of woods/graphite, headed/headless, how many strings, fretted/fretless, LED's so on & so on.... If there is some extra money left, it could go to Andre for all the work he has put into this site or a donnation to a cancer society, heart fondation in order to help save lifes.

Be well & play hard & count me in,

Don. Smile
There is enough music for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.

Robert Fripp.

youngjr1
I'm in!
Would it be easier to start a poll to tally up how many folks are interested?

andre
themoo wrote:

Just exactly who is bald now ?????

http://www.ultimatelevel42.com
moo
andre wrote:
themoo wrote:

TODD!!!

Not me.

Although the toilets at Harrods is my bad!!!

Angry-Canuck
themoo wrote:
andre wrote:
themoo wrote:

TODD!!!

Not me.

Although the toilets at Harrods is my bad!!!

Dont make me come over there!!!

moo
That's almost 10 already...

Shall we start a list of people who are 'in'?

Maybe we (Andrι) should ask Rob if he thinks it's a good idea... Maybe he'll bring something to the table... Who knows, A gift from Status.... Free LED's!! Front, side, top, bottom, in and out pink LED's

Mike
Add your name to ze list:

1/ Daveski
2/ Todd
3/ Moo
4/ Mike
5/ youngjr1
6/ Don Prince
7/ Andre
8/ Bassbus
9/ Hazb74

Jim
1/ Daveski
2/ Todd
3/ Moo
4/ Mike
5/ youngjr1
6/ Don Prince
7/ Andre
8/ Bassbus
9/ Hazb74
10/ Jim
- Status Empathy 4 String Headless SimS SensiLight LEDs
- Status "The Groove" 5 String
- Fender Squier Contemporary Active Jazz Bass
- Hohner B2 Steinberger Copy
- Crafter Electro-Acoustic Bass
- Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass
- TC Electronic RH750 + RS210 + RS112
- Trace Elliot Series 6 715 1 x15" Combo (For Sale!)
- Peavey Microbass Practice Amp

Angry-Canuck
themoo wrote:
Maybe we (Andrι) should ask Rob if he thinks it's a good idea... Maybe he'll bring something to the table... Who knows, A gift from Status.... Free LED's!! Front, side, top, bottom, in and out pink LED's

Good thinking Cool

G-77
1/ Daveski
2/ Todd
3/ Moo
4/ Mike
5/ youngjr1
6/ Don Prince
7/ Andre
8/ Bassbus
9/ Hazb74